Honey BBQ Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Good ol Owens HBBQ Stick mix.
This is for 5 pounds. 3lb 88/12 gb and 2 lb fresh ground pork.
ohbbq0.JPG

ohbbq1.jpg

I think I remember how this is done :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Going to mix in 4tsp ECA by hand tomorrow before stuffing/smoking.
ohbbq2.jpg

Now in the fridge for tomorrow.
ohbbq3.JPG

I'm in for the win as well! Pretty sure you haven't forgotten how.

Ryan

When we lived in Amish country PA, They called these Amish sweet sticks. So keeping that way I decided to nix the ECA.

Did a hand mix this morning before stuffing.

Dont know about you but if you have the LEM 5lb stuffer I can only get a tad over 4.5lb in mine.
hbbq23.JPG

Put this back in fridge until you get lower in canister.
hbbq24.JPG

Now all stuffed. Had to use up the 19mm smoked collagen.
Now let em sit while I get snoopy ready.
hbbq25.jpg

My thermocouple temp prob I hook to the TSM OEM probe (not working)
hbbq26.jpg

PID going.
hbbq27.JPG

Sticks starting at 130*
hbbq31.jpg

The LEM tube cleaner works good. Way better that the bristle brushes and more sanitary.
hbbq29.jpg

Glad I kept all my tools with me during all the moves. Wish I knew where my recipe binder went, have feeling it got hijacked from by someone when I had bbq's
hbbq30.JPG

Those look great!!!
I have a 5# manual stuffer, but a 20# electric is on the list of things to convince SWMBO I need. :emoji_laughing:

Was the stuffing easy or difficult with the small nozzle ?
I have never used the small one, yet.

Nice work there Rick. I have the LEM 5# also, if I recall correctly, 5# mince fills the tub right to the brim which is not workable so I now do everything in Kg (2.2#) so 2Kg is 4.4# and fits in one batch. Plus working with Kg makes figuring salt and cure a cinch because 1Kg is 1000g so figuring percentage is straight forward. It’s only about a half a pound less than 5# but makes my life much easier.

Nice work there Rick. I have the LEM 5# also, if I recall correctly, 5# mince fills the tub right to the brim which is not workable so I now do everything in Kg (2.2#) so 2Kg is 4.4# and fits in one batch. Plus working with Kg makes figuring salt and cure a cinch because 1Kg is 1000g so figuring percentage is straight forward. It’s only about a half a pound less than 5# but makes my life much easier.
Thanks

Reading all that hurt my gray matter :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished:

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looks like you and snoopy came through again! Looks good as always!

Ryan

Thanks y'all

Gotta do another MRI in 6 months to see how it's going. Doc said they may have to replace shoulder bones. Big motor LEM might get some work finally.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky