Homemade Stoker DIY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It doesn't seem that a PC fan would give you enough cfm's, but I guess it's working for you.

Al

When there is a problem do you call an AC or IT guy?
roflmao.gif

The small fan I'm using is actually a rackmount 12V server fan which can push 35 cfm. I'm only providing half the voltage and it is working great. Most stokers the sell have 12 cfm fans.

Last edited:
The probe is almost on the middle of the cooking chamber, I'll have to take a pic for you when I get a chance. Since mine is a vertical smoker and the lower part is cooler than the top portion I usually set it at a lower temp for the digital temp gauge to kick on than the temp near the meat. One reason I have it in the mid point and not next to the meat is that the probe was too thick to pass through the hole I had drilled for my other probes. Unfortunately, I do not have a larger size drill bit to make the hole bigger. Next time I swing by Home Depot I'll have to remember to get a bigger bit. If you can, the best place to put the probe would be next to the meat your cooking.

Reactions: bbqwillie
Slick! Very Slick, Kaveman.

Have you had a chance to see how closely it holds temperature? I could see using the controller  to run a defunct MES unit I have out in the barn. At about 1/5 the price of a Aubriens PID it might be a fun project. Certainly can't be any worse than the MB controller..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky