Homemade roast beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Top or bottom round. Cooked to about 125F IT, rested then sliced. This will be excellent roast beef. You can inject or not depending on your final flavor profile wanted.

Reactions: newbiesmoker
Slicing paper thin is the biggest issue I have had making it deli style, getting the flavor profile might be easier than getting tender imo.

We buy Prime rib roasts when they go on sale over the holidays. Smoke them & slice off the bones & the cap & thin slice the rest for sammie’s. Most use thin sliced round, but we have also used sirloin tip as well.
Al

If you were to make roast beef at home, what cut would you use? I like Arby's but I think I can do better for cheaper. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Here is an eye of round that I just did...

I don't have a slicer so it's not really thin enough, but it turned out good...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky