Homemade Mozzarella, it's so easy! Plenty of Q-view!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great post Al. Went into the to do list. Pasturized is ok, just not "Ultra" Right? Theres a resturrant here that makes Mozzerella at tableside. Wonder how they manage without it taking longer than serving the regular meal?!!

Wow Al, your blowin' us away again! That money shot of the mozz with the ripe tomato slices, basil leaves and infused olive oil is incredible! I gotta try that. How do you think raw milk would work for makin' Mozz? My office manager is a dairy farmer, and I can get all the raw milk I want. They just can't sell it that way. Just stupid Gov't overreach as usual. It's a lot safer than the FDA would lead you to believe. Today's Dairy farmer is subject to incredibly stringent safety standards. Almost to the point of absurdity. I grew up as a kid on raw milk. We didn't have anything near the standards that they have now, and I'm still kickin'. It was great stuff. Hmmm, nothing like a glass of good, warm, fresh from the cow, milk. I still remember that horrible tasting milk in the little bottles that they made us drink at lunch when I went to Kindergarten!

ShortEnd

Wow Al, your blowin' us away again! That money shot of the mozz with the ripe tomato slices, basil leaves and infused olive oil is incredible! I gotta try that. How do you think raw milk would work for makin' Mozz? My office manager is a dairy farmer, and I can get all the raw milk I want. They just can't sell it that way. Just stupid Gov't overreach as usual. It's a lot safer than the FDA would lead you to believe. Today's Dairy farmer is subject to incredibly stringent safety standards. Almost to the point of absurdity. I grew up as a kid on raw milk. We didn't have anything near the standards that they have now, and I'm still kickin'. It was great stuff. Hmmm, nothing like a glass of good, warm, fresh from the cow, milk. I still remember that horrible tasting milk in the little bottles that they made us drink at lunch when I went to Kindergarten!

ShortEnd

Yes you can use raw milk, but I think you have to heat it to 140, so your basically pasteurizing it yourself. The recipes suggest if you can get un-homogenized milk that's the best.

Great post Al. Went into the to do list. Pasturized is ok, just not "Ultra" Right? Theres a resturrant here that makes Mozzerella at tableside. Wonder how they manage without it taking longer than serving the regular meal?!!

Yes pasturized is OK. 

Looks great Al!!!

No new hobbies for me today.....but that does look like some tasty cheese..

Craig

Oh yeah thats Great!!! Like I need 1 more thing thats stuck on my mind till I get it done!

AL.........YOU S**K!!!!! 
wife.gif
         No not really, just kidding!  Thanks for the awesome post!

Going to the top of the list! 
thumb1.gif
  Now Where did I put that list?.....?

SOB

You inspired me Al! Just bought rennet tabs and citric acid tonight. Actually found both in the baking isle of a grocery store. Dying to try this.

We can't stop making it, now were starting to experiment with adding some herbs to it. Basil is real good, so is oregano.

We can't stop making it, now were starting to experiment with adding some herbs to it. Basil is real good, so is oregano.

I bet thats true !  oooo,,how about a few fresh chives or red pepper....I see it now  : Als Specialty Mozzarella ....new business venture.  heh, ya never know....
45.gif
   I think is way to cool you learned how and shared it with us.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky