hog rings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

charcoal junkie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
hoople, nd
Can someone explain for me what size hog rings to use for different applications. I plan on ordering a pair of pliers and was wondering what rings to order also. Plan on doing some SS first then maybe some Liverwurst.

Can someone explain for me what size hog rings to use for different applications. I plan on ordering a pair of pliers and was wondering what rings to order also. Plan on doing some SS first then maybe some Liverwurst.
The small 3/8 ones are good for 2 inch casings, the 1/2 inch will do up to 3 1/2 inch casings, 5/8 for up to 5 inches & if you really want to go wild the 3/4 inch will do up to an 8 inch casing 
thumb1%20copy.gif

Reactions: newsmokeguy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky