Hickory score and new toy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 7, 2010
augusta ga
Howdy all!

Woohoo! You'd think it was Christmas here in Squirellville with all the goodies I've been getting lately! A friend brought me 4 hickory stumps that I have been chopping away on, I got one down to manageable size pieces. I love, love, love to chop wood. Holy cow, there's just something about it that get's me all worked up
icon_eek.gif
 (the Squirrel doesn't get out much).

I do have a big ax, not sure why it's not in the picture.

a3ab3c73_IMG_7541.jpg

And then there is my newest toy, my baby, my new love:

87431dce_IMG_7542.jpg

This is a Gransfors Bruks hand forged wildlife hatchet. The MM stamped into the top is the makers initials. I love good quality workmanship. This baby is so sharp it will shave the hairs off of my arm, yea, I really did do that.

06f98a0e_IMG_7545.jpg

c708cf84_IMG_7547.jpg

Gawd, ain't she purdy. I can't believe I am so excited over a bunch of hickory and a hatchet. Doesn't take much folks, it doesn't take much.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks for sharing my special moment with me!!!!

38c8f570_happysquirrel.jpg

Last edited:
Perty toy.  I just found some hickory in my back yard the other day.  Several big logs and I haven't found out where they came from yet.  I need a new toy also, but its gonna be a big one.

icon_cool.gif

You are NUTS there cheryl. Now I'll have to call before I stop into the squirrel's den. Now she's armed and dangerous too.

Ok Cheryl, set the ax down gently and step away so no one gets hurt!  You are way too funny. In your case deranged does not mean taking you off the range 
biggrin.gif

Here is a quote from someone you know very well

NO COMPRENDE LOVE YOU LONG TIME

Last edited:
Just what we need, 

A---

Crazy

Female

Squirrel,

With

A

Freakin'

Super

Sharp

Ax ! ! ! !

If you ever come to PA, I'm hiding ALL of my chainsaws!

Bearcarver

Hell Hath No Fury As That of a Hatchet Wielding Squirrel Scorned...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Ok Cheryl, set the ax down gently and step away so no one gets hurt!  You are way too funny. In your case deranged does not mean taking you off the range 
biggrin.gif

Here is a quote from someone you know very well

NO COMPRENDE LOVE YOU LONG TIME

Who would say such a thing?
cool.gif

Nice score there Squirrel, ummm, choppin wood, ummmm wern't you just down and out with the illness of the century.

Take it easy, I would hate to see the squirrel down and out again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky