• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hi, I'm excited to have some experts to consult. :)

nanalinda

Joined Nov 23, 2013
Hello, my name is Linda and I live in Long Beach, CA.  I'm retired from teaching Special Ed and have 2 grown children (read no longer living at home!) and 2 grandchildren.   I have a 30 inch Masterbuilt electric smoker that I bought 3 years ago.  I have only used it a few times with mixed results.  I'm not only new to this group, but a newby to smoking also.  I would love to learn from your experience and will try my best not to be a pest!

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
Glad you joined us Linda, :welcome1: from North Dakota!
Any questions you have just let the group know, I am sure they will be answered in promptly!

sprky

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 26, 2007
 Linda

You have come to the best place for smoking info. Everyone here is willing to share there knowledge. As Mossy said if you have questions just ask and someone will help you. Again 
 and I look foward to you posts.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Linda

Welcome from Alberta.  There is no such thing as a pest.  The only way to learn is to read, listen, and ask.  Everybody here is more than happy to help

Gary

nanalinda

Joined Nov 23, 2013
Thank you!  As I said, I'm new at this so probably won't be able to contribute much at first.  I can bake!  If anybody wants advice on baking bread, let me know!  Hahaha.  Guess that would be a different forum.

java

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 30, 2010
Linda, welcome, and fasten your seatbelt. you will learn more from the folks on here than you can imagine,

(and not just about smoking). ask lots of questions and take Jeffs e-course to start!

flyboys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 14, 2007
Welcome from the right coast! The only way to learn is to ask, like most of us did, and like I definitely did. I'm always up for some good bread baking advice. Homemade sandwich rolls go great with pulled pork!!

themule69

Epic Pitmaster
Joined Oct 7, 2012
Linda

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Linda

Being a 65 year old oil patch truck driver, you just gotta know I love baking bread.  I'm just not all that good at it.  I can bake basic whole wheat bread, but that's about it.  Anything you can teach me would be great  LOL   BTW I'm not real big on kneeding bread dough, so simple is good.

Gary

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
[h1]
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Welcome aboard Linda!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

nanalinda

Joined Nov 23, 2013
Gary, I have a super simple crescent roll recipe.  Makes super soft, buttery yeast rolls.  Making about 10 dozen myself for Thanksgiving.  If you hate to knead (and I know this is a cop out)  buy yourself a bread machine just to mix and proof your dough.  Don't ever bake in there!  Yuck!  But you can mix almost anything in there and gives it that first rise on the dough cycle.

kc5tpy

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2013
Hello nana.  We are all cooks here to some degree.  8-9 posts and you are already helping folks.  And you said you didn't have much to contribute.  You go girl.  Please post that recipe in the "breads" forum.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Girl

I'll take it LOL So please post it or PM me with it

Gary

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Linda, you'll fit in just fine-no worries. Now if bread is were you excel, be sure to check out our bread fourm. I have a sourdough sponge going now for Thanksgiving rolls. The sourdough start was started about 125 years ago.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Dutch

I went looking for you sourdough sponge/thanksgiving rolls.  Can't find anything.  A little help please??  I haven't made sourdough in about 30 years.

Gary

redwood carlos

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 12, 2013
Welcome to the forum. Good news is we all like to cook, and talk about cooking. As others have said the search bar works great at this site. If in doubt ask a question.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Hey Dutch
I went looking for you sourdough sponge/thanksgiving rolls.  Can't find anything.  A little help please??  I haven't made sourdough in about 30 years.
Gary
That's because the sponge is sitting in a glass bowl on the dryer next to the furnace where it's warm and toasty. I don't have any of my breads posted here at SMF.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
So does that mean you don't want to share?? I REALLY like sourdough---snivel, snivel, whine, whine, beg, beg, beg

Gary

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.