Hi, I'm excited to have some experts to consult. :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nanalinda

Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
Hello, my name is Linda and I live in Long Beach, CA.  I'm retired from teaching Special Ed and have 2 grown children (read no longer living at home!) and 2 grandchildren.   I have a 30 inch Masterbuilt electric smoker that I bought 3 years ago.  I have only used it a few times with mixed results.  I'm not only new to this group, but a newby to smoking also.  I would love to learn from your experience and will try my best not to be a pest!

Glad you joined us Linda, :welcome1: from North Dakota!
Any questions you have just let the group know, I am sure they will be answered in promptly!

welcome1.gif
 Linda

You have come to the best place for smoking info. Everyone here is willing to share there knowledge. As Mossy said if you have questions just ask and someone will help you. Again 
welcome1.gif
 and I look foward to you posts.

Thank you!  As I said, I'm new at this so probably won't be able to contribute much at first.  I can bake!  If anybody wants advice on baking bread, let me know!  Hahaha.  Guess that would be a different forum.

Linda, welcome, and fasten your seatbelt. you will learn more from the folks on here than you can imagine,

(and not just about smoking). ask lots of questions and take Jeffs e-course to start!

Welcome from the right coast! The only way to learn is to ask, like most of us did, and like I definitely did. I'm always up for some good bread baking advice. Homemade sandwich rolls go great with pulled pork!!

Linda
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

Hey Linda

Being a 65 year old oil patch truck driver, you just gotta know I love baking bread.  I'm just not all that good at it.  I can bake basic whole wheat bread, but that's about it.  Anything you can teach me would be great  LOL   BTW I'm not real big on kneeding bread dough, so simple is good.

Gary

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

Welcome aboard Linda!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Gary, I have a super simple crescent roll recipe.  Makes super soft, buttery yeast rolls.  Making about 10 dozen myself for Thanksgiving.  If you hate to knead (and I know this is a cop out)  buy yourself a bread machine just to mix and proof your dough.  Don't ever bake in there!  Yuck!  But you can mix almost anything in there and gives it that first rise on the dough cycle.

Hello nana.  We are all cooks here to some degree.  8-9 posts and you are already helping folks.  And you said you didn't have much to contribute.  You go girl.  Please post that recipe in the "breads" forum.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Linda, you'll fit in just fine-no worries. Now if bread is were you excel, be sure to check out our bread fourm. I have a sourdough sponge going now for Thanksgiving rolls. The sourdough start was started about 125 years ago.

Welcome to the forum. Good news is we all like to cook, and talk about cooking. As others have said the search bar works great at this site. If in doubt ask a question.

Hey Dutch
I went looking for you sourdough sponge/thanksgiving rolls.  Can't find anything.  A little help please??  I haven't made sourdough in about 30 years.
Gary

That's because the sponge is sitting in a glass bowl on the dryer next to the furnace where it's warm and toasty. I don't have any of my breads posted here at SMF.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky