Hi! from Bolivia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gacp

Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Bolivia (South America)
Hi everyone, 

I noticed that I had never  introduced myself in the forum.

My name is Gustavo and I am from Cochabamba, Bolivia. On February this year I had taste this delicious pork ribs on a drum and since then I started to find a way to make it even better meals on a drum, this drum was actually some kind of oven (not a smoker) without any temperature control. I made one with some modifications but I still found it limited to make a great flavor.

I didn´t eat ready to serve (warm meat) smoking meat before, there aren´t restaurants or home equipment to that purpose, so with this “drum oven” I found that I would like to try it some smoking,  I started to search the internet and I found this great forum!

And I finally have my first smoker; I had to wait a lot but was worth it, my welder took a lot of time to the deliver the smoker… My first smoking meal was delicious! I little bit dry but I had some problems with the drum temperature. I will do it better on this Sunday, I will gather some friends to make a smoking. By the way, having a smoker it´s a novelty around here so I have coworkers, family and friends excited to taste a good smoking meat.Having a smoker it´s a great excuse to be around friends. 

I want to thank you all for the help you gave me to make my first UDS smoker.

On the future I will make some local recipes on the smoker to see what happens and I will post the recipes and results. 

Thanks, 

Gustavo. 

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Gustavo!  We are very happy you found your way here and so very glad you built your own UDS!

This forum is here for you to learn, enjoy, and share smoking meats.  Please please do not hesitate to ask as many questions as you want and share as many Qviews (pictures) as you'd like and show off all your accomplishments and challenges!    Most of all, have a lot of fun doing it!

Please see:  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/user-guidelines

Hello Gustavo,
Welcome to the forum. It is great to see someone from so far away doing the same thing we are doing. I look forward to you posting some interesting recipes that I can try here.

Thank you and enjoy the site.

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hello Gustavo,

welcome1.gif
 to the SMF, the best BBQ site on the web.  Whatever you need to know about the fine art of BBQ you can find it right here, from recipes to technical knowledge.

One thing you need to know about us is that we like to see pictures of your creations and your gear.  We call it Q-View and its basically the 
Rules.gif
!!!

So, don't just talk about your food, show it!  Otherwise you may get a gentle reminder, like this...

worthless.gif
  or this...
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Good Luck and Get Smokin'

Bill

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you've joined our group.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky