Hi all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DaveDesign

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 11, 2018
Hi from a UK newbie !

Gotta love our British sun (rain)!!
Screenshot_20180512-154056.png

Reactions: CharlotteLovesFood
That is awesome that you have an area of about 3x3 that appears to be dry and your smoker is doing its thing in the middle of it. Great job, never give up lol

Reactions: DaveDesign
Yes and still working magic! Where there's a will there's a way!
But now of course the mind moves to the thoughts of something more sheltered!
With just the parasol temps were good with the Aussie heat beads.... Webber bricks.... not so good!
20180512_222547.jpg

I'm glad you added the night pic..for a minute I thought you had a floating umbrella! :p

Wow another limey, what gives? Just kidding Dave, looks like your making the best of your situation. I had a good friend in high school that was an exchange student from the UK. I was the Yank and he was the Limey. Both our names first names were Chris so Limey and Yank were what our friends called us for the year. Your liquid sunshine isn't all that different from ours. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Welcome to the site.

Chris

So my miss guided 6 hour smoke was actually 14hours!!
It tastes good though! Fridged untill I reheat and sauce it later for dinner
Had some temp swings that were a challenge to reign in after 8 hours when i put a chimney of coal in.
All in all pretty happy though. Learnt a few lessons to say the least!
20180513_045947.jpg

Dave the finished product looks great. The additional 8 hrs may have seemed depressing at the time but the rewards are worth it.

Point for sure.

Chris

So my miss guided 6 hour smoke was actually 14hours!!
It tastes good though! Fridged untill I reheat and sauce it later for dinner
Had some temp swings that were a challenge to reign in after 8 hours when i put a chimney of coal in.
All in all pretty happy though. Learnt a few lessons to say the least!
View attachment 363669
Thanks for sharing Dave. It looks great! Can see all that smoky goodness (I think the pros call it a smoke ring) haha oh and a nice bark in there too! Very well done to you hope you're feeling proud.

P.s. my first cook was a spatchcock chicken...supposed to take about 4 hours but ended up taking 7 ...I learned from it though and of course still sat there at 3am eating it! Hahaha

Reactions: DaveDesign
Yes I would have happily stayed up and eaten it.
But the amount of beer consumed would have had me a sleep anyway

Yes I would have happily stayed up and eaten it.
But the amount of beer consumed would have had me a sleep anyway
You're right...I had 7 ciders that particular night I don't know how i didn't fall asleep... or go up in flames...ah yeah I do I had the forum and some wonderful people to keep me motivated :D

Finally got to some eating!!
Fired up some burgers and chorzo sausages on the kettle grill. Heated the pulled pork with some bbq sauce.
Bbq pulled pork burgers with homemade Slaw :)
View attachment 363711
Not a patch on CharlotteLovesFood presentation though!
Wowzers!!! No... that looks way better than mine...
I'm currently kicking the other half for refusing to go back out for coleslaw yesterday when I asked him and as for the sausage I'm trying to behave myself and be a little healthy :rolleyes:

Seriously though that food looks amazeballs!

Should have been firmer with him ;)
Or making really isn't too bad. But needs time to sit.
No way not a patch on your presentation skills!!
Im behaving (ish) too..... low fat mayo :eek:

He's already in the dog house because he's plonked his new pull up bar machine thing right in front of my bbq! :rolleyes:

Low fat mayo... haha as long as you don't eat twice as much you'll be alright then ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky