Hey Ya'll!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kipper

Original poster
May 30, 2006
I just stubled on this site yesterday, what a great resource for Q knowledge!

I grew up in north Alabama eating Big Bob Gibsons Q, pork and chicken with the white sauce as well as their Q potatos. Later I moved to Tuscalosa AL and of course fell in love with Dreamland. They have an awesome simplicity there at the original store with only three items on the menu, a rack, half rack, and rib sandwich (bun with three ribs bone in!) served on paper plates along with a half loaf of Wonderbread! Anyway, I have always loved good Q and have smoked a fair amount of ribs over the years (in a regular grill, with wood chips, meat on the other side), but recently have gotten more interested in the art of it all. I have my sauce and rub's down, and now I am looking towards building/buying a dedicated offset smoker.

I am also posting a question over in the pork area, this weekend we will be smoking a small boar, a first for me!

Thanks for the knowledgebase here!

Kip

Welcome to SMF, Kip. As you have found out, there is quite a bit of knowledge here. Best of luck in the search of a new offset, part of the fun is in the shopping.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky