Hey Yall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ryson96

Original poster
Mar 7, 2016
Baltimore,MD
Hey Everyone! After reading all of the things on here that have helped me mod my smoker i thought i should join and learn more, and hopefully help others out too! 

When my buddy moved away he gave me his Char Griller Smokin Pro. The fire box was super old and rusted out and it was pretty much falling apart. Never the less i used it last season to get my feet wet in the world of smoking. I did a a few pork butts and a handful of ribs and they all turned out OK. I really fell in love with smoking, but after noticing that i needed to tend to the smoker way more than i thought i should have ( pretty much every 15-20 min trying to keep the temp) i decided that before the next season i would motify it. Well its about that season and i am 75% with my mod.Went to lowes and bought a new Firebox for about 69$. I also drilled in some U shaped aluminum material around the two sides and the front to hold the gasket i also bought from lowes. Used the red sealent and cement to hold the gasket in. The seals are super tight and i am very happy with them. i have also brought the Smoke stack down to about grate level with aluminum flexible dry vent. I have not done anything to the back lip yet to seal it because i am not sure what to use. I know that the gasket and cement alone wont work so i am thinking about drilling some tadpole gasket into place but that also costs about 30$..hopefully wanted to do it a little bit cheaper.

I just finished the mods i have done yesterday and thnking about firing it up tonight if my new digital dual prob thermometer comes in today. 

Anyway..very excited about joining this forum and starting a new season of smoke!

~~Ryan from Baltimore 

28 years old

Char Grill Smokin Pro with some mods done.

This will be my second season of smoking!

I am more into Texas Style smoking flavors than any other style

I am using seasoned cherry and oak wood for smoking.

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a wet and soggy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky