hey whats everybody doing for labor day?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tri-Tip as the "terf" to go with the "serf" lobsters and clams at a party.

tri-tip.JPG

First brisket in the smoker. Used a small cast iron pot to raise the middle since it was too long for my smoker.

Attachments

• 20190902_115542.jpg
    20190902_115542.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 10
It's windy and rainy as all heck here today. So I will unfortunately be eating my Mexican disaster from yesterday today. Wife won't touch it again.

Chris

It's windy and rainy as all heck here today. So I will unfortunately be eating my Mexican disaster from yesterday today. Wife won't touch it again.

Chris
weather sucks down here also, going redneck and moved the smoker to the porch.

Cleared off here. Been raining pretty steady. We adjusted the schedule anyway. Tomorrow it will be the smoked pork and mac salad. Today it'll be build a pizza.

Brisket, German potato salad, grilled garlic green beans and some shrooms. Perfect 75 degrees and sunny here. That just means the rest of the week is going to be garbage but that's ok.

Was about to make 3 baby backs and 2 whole chickens. then I stopped to make breakfast and BAM I cut my hand with a butter knife and had to get 5 stitches at the ER. my hand is splinted atm and I can't smoke today. I have some pics but I don't think anyone wants to see...

Happy Labor Day,
phatbac (Aaron)

Was about to make 3 baby backs and 2 whole chickens. then I stopped to make breakfast and BAM I cut my hand with a butter knife and had to get 5 stitches at the ER. my hand is splinted atm and I can't smoke today. I have some pics but I don't think anyone wants to see...

Happy Labor Day,
phatbac (Aaron)
Ouch! If that was only a butter knife I hate to see what your butchers knives would do!

Feel better, that sucks, time to order in!

Reactions: phatbac
I am working on making a new smoker. I also just joined today and have been doing a lot of exploring on the page i like it a lot looks very informational. I do have a few questions on my new build is there a certain area that would be best to post.
its a beautiful day here in Missouri 72 and sunny

I am working on making a new smoker. I also just joined today and have been doing a lot of exploring on the page i like it a lot looks very informational. I do have a few questions on my new build is there a certain area that would be best to post.
its a beautiful day here in Missouri 72 and sunny

What part of MO you residing in? Im STL resident and we have several other MO boys that also post. As for your build theirs a section under smoker supplies & equipment for Smoker Builds.

44B6E084-8F7C-4E47-B58B-4F289E135839.jpeg
89C3FBF4-0887-4956-8A12-E65EECC605C2.jpeg
We’re in the feeder bands of Dorian so just popped on some nice plump Cavenders wings and cheddar bacon tatoes on the gasser. Jack with a splash raised in salute to the fine people of the Bahamas that are going through hell on Earth.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky