Hey there from CT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Welk

Original poster
Mar 16, 2023
Hey all. I'm Dan from CT. Been looking for a forum to participate in with some good folks. I am an offset guy and love smoking with wood, although I do have several other grills and smokers in my arsenal. I also have a pretty awesome deep fryer since my roots are from the deep south. Hard to resist some fried catfish and hushpuppies. Can't wait to talk shop with people who share the passion. I currently spend most of my time on my Patriot Pits Freedom 94. She's a true beast of a 24x48 offset that weighs in at a hefty 1200 lbs.

IMG_20220621_182755 (1).jpg

Great to be here!!!

Hey all. I'm Dan from CT. Been looking for a forum to participate in with some good folks. I am an offset guy and love smoking with wood, although I do have several other grills and smokers in my arsenal. I also have a pretty awesome deep fryer since my roots are from the deep south. Hard to resist some fried catfish and hushpuppies. Can't wait to talk shop with people who share the passion. I currently spend most of my time on my Patriot Pits Freedom 94. She's a true beast of a 24x48 offset that weighs in at a hefty 1200 lbs.

View attachment 660392

Great to be here!!!
Welcome. Fellow CT'er here

Reactions: negolien and Welk
Welcome from Mississippi. Did a travel nurse assignment to Norwich, CT years ago. They loved this Mississippi boy up there. You got some pretty country there. Look forward to your posts and pics (we like pics around here).
Beauty of a cooker!!! You got a tow motor to move it around?!?!? :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Jim

Welcome fellow New Englander, Vermont here.

Chris

Reactions: Welk
Welcome from Mississippi. Did a travel nurse assignment to Norwich, CT years ago. They loved this Mississippi boy up there. You got some pretty country there. Look forward to your posts and pics (we like pics around here).
Beauty of a cooker!!! You got a tow motor to move it around?!?!? :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Jim
You'd be surprised how easy it is to roll around.... On flat surfaces.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
You must have gotten hit pretty hard from that last nor'easter.
I'm up near the Canadian border. We got just under a foot of the heavy white stuff. The southern part of the state got hit harder. My sister in Randolph got more than a foot I believe. How'd you guys fair?

Chris

I'm up near the Canadian border. We got just under a foot of the heavy white stuff. The southern part of the state got hit harder. My sister in Randolph got more than a foot I believe. How'd you guys fair?

Chris
I am just on the edge of the Berkshires, so we only got about 4 inches of wet heavy snow. I do know that Patriot Pits is in Sandisfield Ma, and they got about 2 feet. Tough to move around smokers in that much snow.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky