Hey old guys! What's on your bucket list?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alblancher

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 6, 2009
Louisiana
My question about the Northern lights got me thinking,

If you have ever contemplated things you would like to do or accomplish before you run out of time why not make a post and let us know?  You may want to do something one of us can help you with!

My list includes:

Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon

See the Northern Lights

Ride my bike the 3500 mile round trip to Sturgis

Ride the ferry system through the inside passage to Alaska

Al

And if you don't make fun of mine, I won't make fun of yours 
icon_lol.gif

Go storm chasin and find one .

Climb inside  a volcano before i die and get cremated. Well....

Go to another Rush concert

Go to another Eagles concert

Go fishing in Alaska (Went there on a cruise but didn't get to fish because of weather. Big bummer)

Go on a fly in fishing trip to some remote lake/cabin in Canada.

These are a couple I can think of off the top of my head.

My bucket list includes animals I want to kill,

Bull Moose

Elk (6x6) or better

A monster Mule deer

A Bighorn sheep

Several species of waterfowl, including a redhead.

Go to Nuremberg, Germany and see where I was born in a U.S. Military Hospital  (both parents are American born and bred, Mom went to be with Daddy who was scheduled for a 3 year stint)

Take a trip and visit places I have always heard about in the South and Southern Midwest that I have yet to visit.

Visit the Bahamas for a nice quiet Vacation alone.

Spend time on a road trip exploring the U.S. and visiting friends that I have from SMF and other places, people I have talked to and never met.

Spend my final days with my family and friends right here at home.

That was just off the top of my head, probably could think of a lot of things I would like to do before I kick off but these are some of the ones I have always wanted to do.

Barry
biggrin.gif

So nobody wants to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
They made us do it  in the military.  Don't have a jump dog putting his boot in my butt anymore. So i'll stay in my seat thank you.

icon_cool.gif

I think that I would like to spend more time in the Caribbean on them little islands. Than maybe go back to Germany, Italy, and any where they make some really good sausages. Now I have been around this world once so I think that I would really rather just hang in the states and see the way some other folks live. I really like Louisiana, Kentucky, Maine, and maybe Massachusetts.

Last edited:
Well Mark,

Between Bob, Rick and I we can show you the best of Louisiana,  you can take that off your list any time you want.    Mardi Gras is around the corner, Jazz Fest is in April I believe.  I bet we know a few places to get some good Boudin and Andouie for you!  iyeeee!!!!  C'est si bon

Al

I would like to visit Alaska and the Grand Canyon 

Take my wife to see wild horses running free

I'd like to see the camp become our home and my vision for it realizied but then again that's prolly what'll kill me
biggrin.gif

Make a trip with Ma to Ireland and Scotland and visit the ancestral homestead.

Unlimber the ol' flyrod and do some fly dippin' in Canada and Alaska.

Do a curise up the inland passage to Alaska  ..

Go to Disneyland with my grandkids

Hike the Grand Canyon in the springtime when it's somewhat cooler-did it in the summertime with a Scout Troop and it was hot as Hades

Visit Yellowstone on horse back in the summer and on snowmobile in the winter.

That's it for now. . .I'm sure I'll add to the list some as time goes on

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky