Hey All

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gene

Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
my name is gene. i live just south of boston. ive owned a weber kettle grill for awhile. about 2 years ago i started cooking the indirect method. i did only roasts. wow! they came out great. as i am recently retired im anxious to get going into smoking.i will be bying the Master Forge Smoker from lowes in the spring as it is too cold and the snow is too deep right now

Ive have just found out that hickory doesnt exist up here in the northeast, so im looking for an alternitve wood

one final thing. I think the SMforums is a fantastic site. ive only been here for likr 2 days and its really great. nice to meet you all and look forward to exchanging smokeing ideas

Welcome to the forum Gene. Go to Lowes or Home Depot - they both carry hickory and mesquite chunks and chips. Also at least in my area Home Depot now has apple and cherry as well.

I haven't looked at the Master Forge (gas?) smokers, so I don't know if you would need chunks or chips, but I'm sure somebody can point you in the right direction.

Hello Gene and welcome to SMF - Like Johnny said we get several wood selections at the Home Depot and Lowes here

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome aboard Gene, alot of us still smoke in the winter, but I will admit, it really is damn cold out there at the moment. Anyway, it'll give you time to read and learn what these guys and gals can do with a smoker, they are the best.

thanks guys. well we just got rid of 1 snowstorm and another is coming tuesday night. between now and then im going too get my butt up to lowes

im looking forward to Jeffs 5 day course. again thanks and looking forward to  talking with you all and browsing thru all of this

Welcome Gene!

Good to have you.

We get those storms before you, but they usually hit you a bit harder.

Bear

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Gene to SMF.  You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

GO GATORS  

Welcome aboard. I looks like you have plenty of time to read posts while the Northeast thaws out. There's just about everything you need to know here and if ya can't find and answer to a question, just ask it somewhere..

welcome Gene, I'm just south of Boston. If you don't go out and smoke in the cold,u r missing out on a great time. I like to do ribs and drink beer while they r smoking. it also gives me an excuse not to have to spend the whole day inside talking to the wife. lololo. get out and get it going. my neighbors think that I hav a screw loose. they can cook their pork roast in the oven. I like mine in the smoker

hey patriot nice to meet you. im in plymouth. ill be goin around a bit in the next few days lookin in these forums. hope to catch up maybe we can talk later.stay warm we got another storm comin tues or wed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky