Here I am...

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by albacore, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hi- my name's Jeff.  I am from Riverside, CA.  I am married and have 2 kids.  I Like camping, fishing, offroading, margaritas, and grilling.  This is my first foray into the world of smoking meats.  I have a Brinkmann Smoke N Grill.  I know- cheap.  But it's my first smoker, and figure at $40 even if it sucks it's no big loss.  Actually, my friend has one, and just fed my family some of the best smoked tri-tip I have ever had.  So next morning, it was off to home depot.  I have been looking at smokers for a few months now, and have wanted one for years.  I had originally settled on a $150 propane fired smoker, but after tasting such a good piece of meat off a $40 smoker, I changed my mind.  I am certain this will not be my last smoker, and figure this will just be what I learn with. anyways, here I am...........

2. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum, you will love it here. If you do a search for ECB (El Cheapo Brinkman) you will find many great threads with outsanding results using smokers like that. There are a few simple mods that I have seen folks do that make it a much better smoker as well.

3. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, Jeff!

We teasingly call them an ECB, but many of us started on one of those.  I still have an 80's model gathering dust on my patio.  With a few mods and a little practice, you can get some great smokes off that little unit.

Good luck and good smoking.

4. Thanks for the welcomes.  I will be checking out the mods for my ECB.

5. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
  6. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.  [​IMG]

7. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hello Jeff, Welcome to SMF 

[​IMG]

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

9. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]

Sometimes technique is more important than the smoker

10. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]