Here are my Christmas Rib Roasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
I smoked up two Rib Roasts for the In-Laws that were in town for Christmas. I also picked up 5 more that went in my freezer for later use as they were at $5.98lb and I couldn't pass them up. I won't go into great detail as there have been a ton of PR posts so everyone probably knows the rundown. Dry aged for four days covered in Montreal Steak Seasoning. On Xmas day covered in thick worchestershire sauce sauce, garlic & onion powder, pepper and a little more Montreal Steak Seasoning. Went into the UDS at 250-275 degrees until one was 142 IT and the other 136 IT which took right around 5 hours.

The two roasts that were right on 5 lbs each.

91b82826_IMAG0332.jpg

After the dry age. (Special thanks to Chef JimmyJ for the pointers.)

81fd797f_IMAG0357.jpg

Rubbed and ready for the smoker.

24cea8c2_IMAG0358.jpg

All rested in the cooler and ready to carve up.

873eb708_IMAG0359.jpg

Just about forgot a carving pic.

3c319fae_IMAG0361.jpg

And finally my plate. I can't wait for a prim rib sandwich at lunch today.

85450662_IMAG0360.jpg

icon_cool.gif

I saw the price on thoses things and I was hoping you bought them out. Now for the roast they came out looking mighty good to me. All I could have wished is that was my plate you took the picture of thou.

I just ate and my mouth is leaking! Nice work Ross.... My next project will be a rib roast.. Nothing beats it! Happy Smoking, Smokin - K

P.S. What kind of smoke did you throw at them?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky