HELP!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

denny

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Please see my post 'CHASING THIN BLUE SMOKE , AVOIDING CRESOTE' in this forum. I was attempting to reply in it to the kind people who were responding, but as you can clearly see, I screwed it up horribly AND CLEARLY I NEED HELP!!!!. I have been unable to locate FAQ's to learn how to do things so would someone please point me in the right direction? I know little about computer ins and outs--see, I can't even get this thing off BOLD! This is all so embarrassing. I am 84 and too often I am minded to question my mental status, and exposing my problem to readers universally like this really doesn't help! Make no mistake, no one else is to blame. I accept that completely as a part of the human life cycle, but believe me, it is unpleasant and threatening. Another answer is that I may have too much pride. Thanks for understanding and your help.

Please see my post 'CHASING THIN BLUE SMOKE , AVOIDING CRESOTE' in this forum. I was attempting to reply in it to the kind people who were responding, but as you can clearly see, I screwed it up horribly AND CLEARLY I NEED HELP!!!!. I have been unable to locate FAQ's to learn how to do things so would someone please point me in the right direction? I know little about computer ins and outs--see, I can't even get this thing off BOLD! This is all so embarrassing. I am 84 and too often I am minded to question my mental status, and exposing my problem to readers universally like this really doesn't help! Make no mistake, no one else is to blame. I accept that completely as a part of the human life cycle, but believe me, it is unpleasant and threatening. Another answer is that I may have too much pride. Thanks for understanding and your help.

Hi Denny.

I have two links for you.

1. Click this one to get to the "Chasing Thin Blue Smoke" thread - https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...e-smoke-avoiding-cresote.313629/#post-2306111

2. Anytime you need to see where you have been posting/replying you can find it here and if you click the link to any of those postings in the list it will take you directly to that chat thread. If you are familiar with bookmarking links this would be a good one to bookmark so you can easily find it and use it again in the future: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/members/denny.15518/#recent-content

We all can use some help in this world with many things. Heck most of us are here looking for help and information on Smoking BBQ :)

Don't ever feel worried or upset about asking a question around me and most of the guys here. Not everyone is a whiz with computers and technology so it's understandable.

Hell I'm horrible with any number of things and don't understand them or know how to use them and need assistance. Then again, I'm a whiz at a lot of other things.

I imagine you and many others here are the same :) I hop this helps you out some! :)

Hi Denny (that's my name too). I think I know where you are coming from as my dad is 91 and my father in law is 88. No need to worry about dumb questions, or not being able to navigate this site, as you are a member of a great forum and we are here to help - just ask away. Tallbm gave you some great advice and I feel certain that you are going to get a bunch more shortly! And by all means, give me a yell and I will help you if I can.

Last edited:
Denny if you ever need help with something feel free to PM me if your unsure how to do that just let me know

Sir, don’t feel bad or let your pride be hurt. We are all here to learn and support each other. I think it’s awesome that you’re getting on this horse, it is never fun being uncomfortable.

Please don’t take this as an insult if you already understand, if I understand right your biggest difficulty is navigating the forum to find what you are looking for? pineywoods pineywoods offered his help through a PM in the message before this one, that is a “Private Message” at the very top of the screen you should see a picture of an envelop, if you click on that it’ll offer to “start a new conversation” You then click on that and in the “Recipients” box type in pineywoods and his name will pop up. Click on that, type your title in the title box, then type your message.

Feel free toPrivate Message me too if you have questions on how to get around. I can give you my phone number that way and help talk you through some things…as long as I understand them too!
God Bless Sir! Hang in there!

denny denny , we are all here to help each other out brother! And looks like you have several SMF brothers doing just that! That’s why this forum is the best IMO!

Reactions: 912smoker
TO EVERYONE WHO HAS REACHED OUT TO ME: I don't yet know how to reply individually; in my first thread yesterday I was trying to do just that but somehow "quotes" began appearing and I became completely lost. I "aborted" and then made the second thread which was actually a shameful 'mea culpa'. Well, what's done is done, so moving on. Right now I'm thinking of a PM to one or more of you to get some operational procedures understood. One area of concern is that it would be PM and not open to the general forum--if it would develop as I hope, it would be a great resource for future members and other ignorants like me, but not available to them. But first I must learn more about navigating the site.

The kind words each of you have expressed, so filled with real understanding and empathy, have really made my day! I am honored to be a small part of this group that so consistently rises to the needs of well-intentioned but hapless bumblers like me! More to come........
Denny

PS--Here's another instance of my knowledge lack--this post may turn out to be only a reply to zwiller (who DOES deserve a reply!) but I really want it to be for all responders. As 'Lil Abner of comic strip fame always said "As any fool can plainly see, SEE?"

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS REACHED OUT TO ME: I don't yet know how to reply individually; in my first thread yesterday I was trying to do just that but somehow "quotes" began appearing and I became completely lost. I "aborted" and then made the second thread which was actually a shameful 'mea culpa'. Well, what's done is done, so moving on. Right now I'm thinking of a PM to one or more of you to get some operational procedures understood. One area of concern is that it would be PM and not open to the general forum--if it would develop as I hope, it would be a great resource for future members and other ignorants like me, but not available to them. But first I must learn more about navigating the site.

The kind words each of you have expressed, so filled with real understanding and empathy, have really made my day! I am honored to be a small part of this group that so consistently rises to the needs of well-intentioned but hapless bumblers like me! More to come........
Denny

PS--Here's another instance of my knowledge lack--this post may turn out to be only a reply to zwiller (who DOES deserve a reply!) but I really want it to be for all responders. As 'Lil Abner of comic strip fame always said "As any fool can plainly see, SEE?"

Denny, bauchjw bauchjw has you covered on PM’s!

I have to respond to each message individually… it’s just easier for me instead of a multi quote response!

When someone replies to you, at the bottom of the message you will see on the right side a “quote” icon and a “reply” icon. So on someone’s reply to you, at the bottom of their message click on “quote” and then “reply”… you can then respond back and type a message back to them!

Let me know if I can be of any more help! And trust me, this forum is full of very helpful individuals!

Denny, bauchjw bauchjw has you covered on PM’s!

I have to respond to each message individually… it’s just easier for me instead of a multi quote response!

When someone replies to you, at the bottom of the message you will see on the right side a “quote” icon and a “reply” icon. So on someone’s reply to you, at the bottom of their message click on “quote” and then “reply”… you can then respond back and type a message back to them!

Let me know if I can be of any more help! And trust me, this forum is full of very helpful individuals!
Thank you WaterinHoleBrew! This is the kind of help I need! Using it for this reply....

can I make an all inclusive response instead of answering individually?
Sure . Just like you did below . You don't have to add quotes .

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS REACHED OUT TO ME:

Also if you want to just address a certain part of a response , left click and highlight the part you want . It should give you a drop down tab , choose quote .

Reactions: denny
EDIT--Question; in this instance where I have made a post and many have replied, can I make an all inclusive response instead of answering individually? Or is that the same as multiquote?

You can, I find it easier to reply one at a time… but to each their own! I think your getting the hang of this my friend!

Reactions: 912smoker and denny
Sir, you are just fine and don't ever think otherwise. If I can be of any help with anything, please ask...
Thanks Charles! I really like that Carrol quote about dogs. They are one of the few reliable beings in the universe. I have 3, a female yellow Lab, a sausage-style mini-wiennie and a rescue 50/50 pug and chihuahua, all completely spoiled and loving me! It just doesn't get any better than that!
Sir, you are just fine and don't ever think otherwise. If I can be of any help with anything, please ask...

Sure . Just like you did below . You don't have to add quotes .

Also if you want to just address a certain part of a response , left click and highlight the part you want . It should give you a drop down tab , choose quote .
Well, that certainly seems simple enough. A good soul just has to inform me as you did and I thank you! I have devoured so many of your posts and picked up so much from you and tallbm, Bear, DrK, and a raft of others. I see you are just across the state from me here in El Dorado Springs which possibly accounts for the nice aromas on the East wind I occasionally get!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky