help with wood for smokin it #2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

newsmokerky

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 25, 2014
Bowling Green
Hello all. I recently bought a #2. Seasoned it and smoked a butt with it. I've got a lot of split hickory. I have cut some of it into chunks about the size of the samples that came with the smoker. Any reason not to used those chunks? They have splintered edges, but other than that, they are solid chunks. Any reason not to use these?

Just make sure the wood is seasoned. Wood should be set out to air dry for about 6 months. Some people like to use fresh cut wood with a lot of moisture but almost all of us use seasoned wood.

Reactions: Hawging It
Unless the source of the wood was sprayed with a pesticide, you are good to go. Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky