Biscuit pretzels and smoked sausage, was a hit.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLinza

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 24, 2021
Colorado
Superbowl foods were a hit. Smoked sausages at 225 for a couple hours put some cherry rub on those. Did milds, hots, and sweet. Second my wife made these quick and easy pretzel things that came out incredible. She took a can of biscuit dough and cut them in probably 1 in chunks. Mixed a bowl of water with maybe 1/2 tbls of corn starch and let them soak for about 1 min (not real sure why) brushed with butter and salted. Cooked until golden brown at 350. They were pretty great.
20240211_165027.jpg

20240211_165047.jpg

I
Love it all , and the berries for a little sweet tart taste, nice
Pretzel bites sound good also
I highly recommend the pretzels, next time I'll make my own dough but it worked out great, for this run.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Some good looking finger foods.

Point for sure
Chris

Quick nibbles are the best

Mixed a bowl of water with maybe 1/2 tbls of corn starch and let them soak for about 1 min (not real sure why) brushed with butter and salted.
Normally dough is conditioned with an alkaline solution (baking soda) to produce the golden crust and the unique pretzel flavor. Not sure what the corn starch solution contributes as it is not alkaline.

Reactions: Steve H
Quick nibbles are the best

Normally dough is conditioned with an alkaline solution (baking soda) to produce the golden crust and the unique pretzel flavor. Not sure what the corn starch solution contributes as it is not alkaline.
I think I was mistaken on that. I believe you're right, it was baking soda. Not sure why my dumb head said corn starch. Lol

Those pretzel bites are almost worse than full pretzels...think ya end up munching on more as bites... of course I don't personally know that! :emoji_sunglasses:

Ryan

Reactions: JLinza
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky