Help with used smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tylerklein

Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
I just recently got a used smoker and I want to start using it, but I didnt get an instruction manual with it. As you can see in the picture theres A, B, C, D and E. Im only confused as to how C and D go. Does D go inside as is? Or do I turn it upside down on C?. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello.  It's been a while since I used a bullet smoker so hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  I assume you mean "A" starting top left of the pict. and "E" being bottom right.  "A" goes on top of "B".  "D" sits in "C" turned as shown in the picture.  The bottom grate of "E" sits in the bottom of "D".  "B" sits in the top lip of "D".  And the top grate in "E" goes inside "B" on the adjustable positions.  You are missing "F" which is a water pan.  Now you need to use the search bar and look up ECB mods.  I can't tell from your picts but "C" should have legs.  "C" also needs more vents.  The charcoal grate in the bottom of "D" needs to be raised off the bottom of "D" to provide air flow.  I hope this gets you started.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

KC5TPY, thank you for your response! I kinda thought thats how it went, but I wasnt sure. What can I use to elevate the charcoal grate in "D"? And is it possible to make more vents in "C"?

Nevermind my last reply. I googled ECB mods and have figured out a way to make it work. Do you have any recommendations on a water pan though?

Hello.  We have many folks on this site with ECB mod posts but if you found help then that is the main thing.  You may find you do not need the water pan.  Some folks use it some folks not.  Some add sand or pebbles to help control temp.  I would do the other mods and then give 'er a whirl and seen how temp control goes.  If you need a heat sink to control temps you can find another grill and place an aluminium tray on that filled with washed gravel to help with that.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky