Help wih finding cherry drink.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nate_46

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Alamosa, CO
A couple years back there was a thread that contained a cherry drink that was made from cherries (can't remember if they were fresh), alcohol (ever-clear?), other ingredients (???), and was put into individual mason jars to be stored in the fridge and consumed at a later date.   I thought I had saved the thread in my favorites but I think it was in my old laptop that died.  I have spent the last hour searching for anything close but have come up empty handed. 

Does anyone remember this?  Looking for the recipe so that I can finally try it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

nate

found this on yummly:

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)](  Login/Register[/color]
QSearch Recipes

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]<  Back[/color]

[h1]Trash Can Punch[/h1]

Filed under: Beverages

Total time: 1¼ hours PT4500.0S     Prep time: 10 min

Chef: babygirl65

Food.com

IngredientsServes   25 servings[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Change[/color][color= rgb(153, 153, 153)][emoji]9829[/emoji]  Save[/color]  [color= rgb(153, 153, 153)]@  Email[/color]  [color= rgb(153, 153, 153)]
print.png
 Print[/color]

2 liters everclear  (alcohol)

2 liters vodka  (proof)

5 gallons hawaiian punch drink

strawberry

grapes

slice watermelon

slice orange

maraschino cherry

slice pineapple

1Wash out a brand new trash can.
2Mix punch and spirits together.
3Cut up the fruit and add them to mix.
4Let sit for at least one hour, the longer it sits the more potent the fruit gets!
5Serves a whole party!
6*On the punch, you can adjust the amount according to your taste. When I made it this week-end, I added an extra gallon. Must be my age! ha ha.

Another drink I thought of from years ago is a Singapore Sling:

Cocktails  > Long drinks  > by base-ingredient  > gin-based

[h1]Singapore Sling recipe[/h1]
rating
332  votes
 Vote!10987654321

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Share[/color]

drink526.png

Scan me to take me with you 
question.png

serve in

6.gif

options

print-this-drink-recipe-dt.png

save-this-drink-recipe-dt.png

comment-on-this-drink-recipe-dt.png

Scale ingredients to   servings   
1/2 oz  grenadine syrup
1 oz  gin
sweet and sour mix
club soda
1/2 oz  cherry brandy

Pour grenadine into the bottom of a collins glass, and fill with ice. Add gin, and almost-fill with equal parts of sweet and sour and chilled soda. Top with cherry brandy, and serve unstirred, garnished with a cherry.

Read more: Singapore Sling recipe  http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink526.html#ixzz1zrx42CEG

All these look good enough to try, but not the one I remember.  Wasn't the cherry bombs or cherry bounce (but will need to try that one as well).  Bugs me that I can't remember the specifics.  I think it was a Christmas or new years thread, but it could have been a summer party thread.  Maybe the author will see this thread and pass along the info.  I can remember specifically that mason jars were used for storage and to drink out of.

Thank you everyone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky