Cherry Smoked St. Louis Pork Ribs (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The ribs look fantastic, and for only 2 1/2 hours in smoke that’s a beautiful smoke ring, I think we are moving in the right direction for sure. I bet if you could smoke a rack with no wrap the pink ring would blind ya. Ha Ha!
Thank you for the mention and the kind words. Our conversation was mutually enjoyed and I do appreciate you allowing me to share in this short journey. I think we have achieved success! Nice work big like.
Yes, ?I have to admit that it was a very enlightening and educational conversation. Smoked a tri tip yesterday with different wood and got an amazing flavor so I agree, we're headed in the right direction. I was shorter on time with the ribs than anticipated so n doubt, a longer smoke at lower temps would render a much more noticeable smoke ring.
Cherry smoked ribs, look wonderful Robert. Triple digit temps are not to be trifled with. Very dangerous especially to those that are unaware of what they can quickly do. Got my fingers crossed for ya in the hope that cool & wet weather heads your way soon!
Thanks so much Matt for the kind words. Sadly there is no end in sight for the heat and no rain whatsoever in the forecast. Just hot and dry for the next several months I'm afraid. Stil though, I'll take the hot Summers over the bitter cold Winters up north.
Another great cook from Robert! Like!
Thanks so much Steve. I appreciate it my friend.

Robert

Some damn good looking ribs Robert. Nice color as well! I hear ya on watering. Takes a good portion of mine and my wife's evening to get both gardens watered and keeping plants alive. This heat blows. Hoping for some rain soon.
Thanks John!! Looks like most of the country is seeing some extreme heat. Tracy keeps complaining about the time it takes to water and I have to keep reminding her that she created this monster....and I'm the one doing most of the watering....so quit complaining!!
Great looking ribs, and plate of food! Thar dill pickle pasta salad sounds pretty good.
Thanks so much Ryan. I absolutely hate the sickly sweet relish that most commercial salads (ham salad, chicken salad, macaroni salad, etc) have in them. It's just horrid. I do like the concept of the pickles so I basically turn a dill pickle spear into paste and mix it in. Makes a huge difference and a nice flavor.
You need to get a small floating table then you could eat in the pool.
Got one Warren. Problem is that I have to keep getting out of the pool to fill my margarita cup :emoji_laughing: I know...I know....get a bigger cup.

Robert

Regardless of what type of pork rib they are, they look pretty darned good from where I'm sitting! Gorgeous color on that rack Robert, the cherry really comes thru! RAY

Nice lookin rac o ribs . Cherry gives great color .
My Son makes dill pickle Mac salad . So good .

Robert, those are some nice looking ribs! I LOVE cherry smoked ones Huge like!

Awesome Robert! Best enjoyed in the shade🤣 with all you have going on it’s impressive to me how you’re still able to crank out quality food! Sorry I’m late to the party!

Very nice rack of ribs Robert. Nice colour on them also.

That is a lot of flowers and gardens to have to water in the heat and no rain. You might have to set up the irrigation to all of the gardens. Unless just too far from water source. You could always just drain the pool...What am I saying , that is your Margarita THINK TANK

David

Gorgeous color on them Robert and the glaze and sauce work is competition worthy! Cherry is by far my go to for ribs. Nice work as usual!

Most excellent looking plate of ribs and sides Robert. Nicely done sir.
Thanks so much Chris. I appreciate it sir.
Nice looking ribs. Did you just foil in the sheet pan or wrap completely?
They were just in the pan to season them so I didn't make a mess all over the counter. When wrapped, I did completely with 2 layers of heavy duty foil.
Darn good looking ribs. And I'd have the bones gnawed down just like that!
Thanks Jim!! The kind words are appreciated.

Robert

Reactions: Winterrider
Regardless of what type of pork rib they are, they look pretty darned good from where I'm sitting! Gorgeous color on that rack Robert, the cherry really comes thru!
Thanks so much my friend. I had a heck of a time finding cherry wood though. Had to order it from Amazon and aid a small fortune for a box. It is nice stuff though and MUCH better than the bagged stuff from Academy.
Nice lookin rac o ribs . Cherry gives great color .
My Son makes dill pickle Mac salad . So good .
Very much appreciate it Rich. First time I ever made macaroni salad I used the dill pickles and have been doing it that way ever since. A whole lot better flavor.
Robert, those are some nice looking ribs! I LOVE cherry smoked ones Huge like!
Thank you!! I'd been using a lot of mesquite recently and thought it'd be nice to mix things up a bit so loaded up on several different species of wood.

Robert

Awesome Robert! Best enjoyed in the shade🤣 with all you have going on it’s impressive to me how you’re still able to crank out quality food! Sorry I’m late to the party!
Thanks so much Jed!! You're just "fashionable late" but at least you made it...unlike me missing some good content recently. With the weekend being so blooming hot we ended all outdoor activities early so had plenty of time to do these.
That is a lot of flowers and gardens to have to water in the heat and no rain. You might have to set up the irrigation to all of the gardens.
I appreciate the kind words David. Believe me sir, I'd love to install permanent irrigation to all the beds but it'd be over a mile of piping plus all the valves and heads, all of it needing to be dug through solid rock. A close guess would be in the $300,000 range to have it done. We can spray a lot of water for that much $$ :emoji_laughing:
Gorgeous color on them Robert and the glaze and sauce work is competition worthy! Cherry is by far my go to for ribs.
Wow...those are some high compliments Jeff. Very much appreciated. We watch BBQ Pit Masters somewhat regularly and Tracy mentioned that the ribs hit on all the points the judges look for. I hadn't thought about it but she may well have been correct.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky