Help my Kosmos pork injection all hard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

binnesman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 23, 2021
Came home from work and went to grab my Kosmos pork injection all hard and color looks off. Any suggestions on what I can do for a last minute injection butts going on at 2 am and all the bbq shops here closed already.

Does it smell off? How old is it? Lots of rubs, ect will harden over time. The more sugars the faster it will happen. Could always buzz it back to powder in a blender of food processor.

Does it smell off? How old is it? Lots of rubs, ect will harden over time. The more sugars the faster it will happen. Could always buzz it back to powder in a blender of food processor.
Yeah did that looks to have black spec in it could be seasoning. Never looked at it that close till felt it was hard. It expires in July 28th been open for 6 months or so first smoke of the year. Use it or not?

Yeah did that looks to have black spec in it could be seasoning. Never looked at it that close till felt it was hard. It expires in July 28th been open for 6 months or so first smoke of the year. Use it or not?
Did not smell off stuff still floats in the air as always lol

Yeah I wrap in foil with butter honey and rub then pour the juices back into the pork and mix after I pull it.

The old saying is... ''If in doubt... Throw it out''

^^^ That! Not worth getting you, your fam or guests sick! Sometimes the walk to the dumpster hurts…. I’ve done that more times than I’d like to admit…. But, we learn from our mistakes… at least I’d like to think I do… 🤷🏼‍♂️😆

I quit using Kosmo because of this. I found it hardens easily and doesn't mix very well. Others don't seem to have those problems. I use Butcher BBQ injects now when I do use a commercial solution with phosphates.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky