My Last Place Labor Day Throwdown Entry - Guinness Injected Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
I was up against some of the best entries I’ve ever seen. Congratulations to all the winners!!! Here is my entry, a Guinness beer injected brisket smoked for 14 hours on the WSM. In addition to the beer I used KOSMOS brisket injection spice pack. Mixed it up with the beer. I used a big ol piece of cherry wood for smoke. I spritzed with Guinness beer every hour after it hit 170* degrees. Used a black out rub that I got for Christmas from my brother. *Note I injected this brisket the night before*
Came out really really good. Super juicy pictures don’t show justice. Here are some pictures. Later guys and other people who identify as something else.
IMG_2678.jpeg
IMG_2679.jpeg
IMG_2680.jpeg
IMG_2681.jpeg
IMG_2682.jpeg
IMG_2685.jpeg
IMG_2684.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg
IMG_2739.jpeg
IMG_2740.jpeg
IMG_2741.jpeg
IMG_2701.jpeg

No losers here. You sliced it up beautifully. I have that same set up. Been a while since I used it. Pellet just easier but if these heat wave ever passes I will have to get it dusted off. That Guru works great.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
I was up against some of the best entries I’ve ever seen. Congratulations to all the winners!!! Here is my entry, a Guinness beer injected brisket smoked for 14 hours on the WSM. In addition to the beer I used KOSMOS brisket injection spice pack. Mixed it up with the beer. I used a big ol piece of cherry wood for smoke. I spritzed with Guinness beer every hour after it hit 170* degrees. Used a black out rub that I got for Christmas from my brother. *Note I injected this brisket the night before*
Came out really really good. Super juicy pictures don’t show justice. Here are some pictures. Later guys and other people who identify as something else.
View attachment 677262View attachment 677263View attachment 677264View attachment 677265View attachment 677266View attachment 677268View attachment 677267View attachment 677269View attachment 677270View attachment 677271View attachment 677272View attachment 677273
mighty fine cooking appliance!

I'll bring a sixer when you get ready to do another! It looked/looks great.....Hated I only got one vote there were so many great looking entries.

Jim

It sure looks good Justin! Knew it was a cook from someone farther south... not much okra up my way.

Ryan

Wonderful bark on that bad boy! Dark beer gives a great flavor profile to beef and pork! Nice work

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky