HELP ----- KITCHENER STUFFER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
I have a Kitchener 5# sausage stuffer which has worked great for several years, however today while I was stuffing Boudin Something Broke.
It is whatever cranks the threaded rod up and down. Has anyone ever taken one of these apart ? If so please let me know the procedure .
I cranked the threaded rod all the way to the top but it seems that's as far as it will go. Help and suggestions much appreciated,

Thanks

Gary

Gary , I have the 5 lb Lem , and I think they are similar . You have to take the Frame off the base . The rod comes out the bottom . There is a groove in the rod that keeps it from spinning , and it only goes so far . That's why it won't come out the top .

Got it apart, decided to turn it over and saw the two nuts, (CRS kicking In)
The metal threads inside the big gear are stripped, gitta find some new gears

Gary

OK --- Finally got a hold of Parts at Northern Tool, They Quit carrying this stuffer
and have no parts or a Mfg. Phone number.
Two options, Throw this piece of @#$%#@@ in the Trash or try to find a gear that fits. Anyone have a suggestion ??

Gary

Reactions: sawhorseray
Hey Gary, it may be time to buy a stuffer with metal gears. I’ve had a LEM 5# for years, with zero problems, even doing sticks with the smallest tube it will strain a bit but has never failed.
Al

I thought there was a work around for this . Weren't some of the guys buying from an aftermarket source ?

OK --- Finally got a hold of Parts at Northern Tool, They Quit carrying this stuffer
and have no parts or a Mfg. Phone number. Two options, Throw this piece of @#$%#@@ in the Trash or try to find a gear that fits. Anyone have a suggestion ?? Gary

That really sucks Gary, you might just only have one option left. RAY

I remembered back when I was looking for a stuffer, someone said Grizzly was the same stuffer, I looked at theirs It looks the same, I ordered the gear from them $11 bucks we'll see. Next option is a better stuffer. The reason I went with a cheap one is because I'm not a heavy duty user..
In looking back I did notice a very small amount of metal shavings on the top of the plunger, should have paid more attention to that.
It wasn't the plastic gears that failed it was the metal threaded piece inside the Big gear.

Gary

Reactions: JC in GB
Yeah, I'll post a pic later

Gary

Gary, grease all the parts before use.... Threaded shafts, gears, and ESPECIALLY the o-ring and plunger and stuffing chamber.... There is a lot of friction from the plunger that wears stuff out.....

I've got some parts from my old Kitchener 5# . Let me know what you need and I will see what I have lying around.

Reactions: DanMcG
Thanks, guys. I do lube everything, I use food grade clear grease, maybe should have used more. I even wipe down the inside of the cylinder with cooking oil.
I think this has been wearing since I got it.

The Part I need is the Large Gear

Thanks
Gary

I've got some parts from my old Kitchener 5# . Let me know what you need and I will see what I have lying around.

Large Gear

Thanks

Gary

Here is what it looks like

IMG_2420.jpg

Threads gone !!
IMG_2421.jpg

Thanks anyway, hoping the one I ordered from Grizzly will work.

Gary

OK, I got the Gear I ordered from Grizzly, (I thought the stuffers looked alike (Kitchener)
Got it installed, Fit, and works like a champ. The old gear wore out on the inside, threaded part.
This Gear is steel, Don't know how it will do in the long run matched up with a nylon gear, We'll see
If it goes bad I order the small gear from Grizzly.
Here is a Pic

One thing I noticed right away, it's a whole lot smoother

IMG_2439.jpg

Uh Oh---Look Out !! Won't be any Ground Meat in Texas safe any more!!

That's Great, Gary!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky