Help: 1st St.Louis spare ribs on pit boss

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Should I mix up some apple juice & apple cider vinegar to spritz these ribs with?

How often do they need spritzed? Every hour? Every 2hours?

Thanks.
1000000203.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Ok I read it's best to let the bark form, that takes around 1.5 to 2 hours, then spritz every 45-60minutes.

Sound about right?

Thanks.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Ok I read it's best to let the bark form, that takes around 1.5 to 2 hours, then spritz every 45-60minutes.

Sound about right?

Thanks.
Yeah. Make sure the bark is set well or the spritz/mop will make a mess if it. I personally do a mix of juice and vinegar and throw some rub in it too but I mop. The rub could clog a sprayer. Once the bark is set spritz when they start looking dry which is usually about 45 min like you mentioned.

Reactions: DieselTech
Guys & gals my stuffed meatloaf is at a internal temperature of 130°f & it's 3:00pm now.

How much more time will be needed to bring internal temperature up to 160°f 165°f

I'm trying to have everything done around 5-5:30pm

Thanks.

Guys & gals my stuffed meatloaf is at a internal temperature of 130°f & it's 3:00pm now.

How much more time will be needed to bring internal temperature up to 160°f 165°f

I'm trying to have everything done around 5-5:30pm

Thanks.
You'll be fine... calm down! It's done when it's done. Keep an eye on your temp while making something else... like mashed taters. Who has meatloaf without mashed taters?

I'd let is go. I think it will climb pretty fast now. If it is still low at 4:30 or so, throw it in the oven at 350. Then you can rest is a bit before eating at 5ish.

Reactions: DieselTech
You'll be fine... calm down! It's done when it's done. Keep an eye on your temp while making something else... like mashed taters. Who has meatloaf without mashed taters?
I'd let is go. I think it will climb pretty fast now. If it is still low at 4:30 or so, throw it in the oven at 350. Then you can rest is a bit before eating at 5ish.
Ok so I'm 4hours in on the spare ribs. But I haven't checked temp.

The stuffed meatloaf is at 2hours in & at a IT of 145°f now.

Thanks guys.

Here's a couple pics.
1000000210.jpg
1000000212.jpg
1000000211.jpg

I bet the meat loaf is done at 4:00. Pull it around 160 and it will climb to 165. Let it sit on a counter for 15 min then wrap it in tin foil and put it in a small cooler, microwave, low oven at 150 til dinner. Several options, all will work fine to keep it warm til dinner.

I bet the meat loaf is done at 4:00. Pull it around 160 and it will climb to 165. Let it sit on a counter for 15 min then wrap it in tin foil and put it in a small cooler, microwave, low oven at 150 til dinner. Several options, all will work fine to keep it warm til dinner.
Yeah I agree meatloaf will probably be done at 4pm as it is a 154°f now.

I did open my smoke damper all the way & it seemed to cool pit temperature down.

Thanks I'll put it my toaster/convection oven on the warm setting at 150°f

Thanks for the help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky