Hello from Vietnam

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcbrandons

Original poster
Dec 11, 2020
Hi,

I'm an expat living and working in the sunny beach town of Vung Tau, Vietnam. Being a Texan by birth, I began to miss the bbq meats I had grown up with, So recently, I've begun to experiment with smoking my own meats. However, I often need to improvise with the limited materials and equipment available here. This board has been a lot of help in getting me started and I hope to learn more.

I currently have a "bullet-style" charcoal smoker that I've used with mixed results. I am also working on converting it to propane (we'll see how that goes). I've tried smoking with sugar cane, coconut shells, tea leaves, and some beechwood chips I was able to find from Germany.

Anyways hope to learn more from everyone,

Brandon

Welcome to the forums from Mississippi. Ex-pat living has been something I've thought about doing. Seems interesting.
Jim

Reactions: mcbrandons
Welcome to the forums from Mississippi. Ex-pat living has been something I've thought about doing. Seems interesting.
Jim
Haha I thought I'd give it a try and 10 years later I'm still here. It's not all sunshine and palm trees but its a world away from stress of the rat race back home.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Wisconsin.

A 55 gallon drum barrel smoker can be made cheaply and easily. I am sure you could find suitable salvage parts almost anywhere in the world for one of these units.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky