Hello from VA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

strycker

Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Hi all!  I started out smoking with my Brinkmann Charcoal Griller before I just moved up to a Masterbuilt Electric 30".  Couldn't pass up the Walmart deal on it and loved that it's insulated as well.  I had done some mods to my old Brinkmann last season to try to get it to be more regulated temp wise and I think I over did it.  So now, I've decided to move over to the electric market so that I can simplify the process.  Don't get me wrong, I like tending the fire, but sometimes it just takes way too much effort on that small unit.  I've done chops, ribs, whole chickens, pork butts and shoulders, wings and chicken legs on the old unit with a lot of success.  The wife is a big fan when I mention I'm smoking anything.  So now, I've decided that a turkey in the 30ES is where I'm headed tonight and I'm looking up the processes on here and everywhere to make my first attempt a success.  Only issue is I'll be smoking it tonight (or it's getting up at 3AM to start) and holding till lunch tomorrow.  Look forward to chatting on many topics on here and glad I have found this resource.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky