• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello from VA

strycker

Joined Nov 23, 2016
Hi all!  I started out smoking with my Brinkmann Charcoal Griller before I just moved up to a Masterbuilt Electric 30".  Couldn't pass up the Walmart deal on it and loved that it's insulated as well.  I had done some mods to my old Brinkmann last season to try to get it to be more regulated temp wise and I think I over did it.  So now, I've decided to move over to the electric market so that I can simplify the process.  Don't get me wrong, I like tending the fire, but sometimes it just takes way too much effort on that small unit.  I've done chops, ribs, whole chickens, pork butts and shoulders, wings and chicken legs on the old unit with a lot of success.  The wife is a big fan when I mention I'm smoking anything.  So now, I've decided that a turkey in the 30ES is where I'm headed tonight and I'm looking up the processes on here and everywhere to make my first attempt a success.  Only issue is I'll be smoking it tonight (or it's getting up at 3AM to start) and holding till lunch tomorrow.  Look forward to chatting on many topics on here and glad I have found this resource.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Welcome to SMF Strycker!  Glad you are here and loving the smoking process.  Having a wife who is a big fan is a HUGE plus.  I'm looking forward to seeing you around the Forum.

Have fun!

Ray

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Welcome to the forum!  Hope that turkey is awesome!

Mike

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.