Hello From Upstate New York

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by coydogslayer, Aug 23, 2011.

1. I would like to take this time to say "HELLO" from Upstate New York. I am a newbie to the smoking community, and I have been slowly gaining an education from the fine members of this site along with the informative e-course that is offered here. I have been slowly building a side firebox smoker out of a 100lb tank and it is nearing a test burn. I am more than sure that I will have to make a few mods to my build now that I am gaining a better understanding of smokeology 101 from this site. Thank you to all that make this site what it is, along with having the patience to deal with newbie's like myself!!!

2. Love your screen name man, if I think I know what it means!  Welcome, I'm a new guy as well.  You talking coyotes when you say "coydogslayer"?

3. Yes coyotes! I do predator management, and we are getting over run with them here. It is without a doubt affecting the wildlife population in NY.

4. Well here's to smokin some meat and smokin some dogs![​IMG]

5. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

Welcome aboard!

6. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Welcome...JJ

7. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF - we have a coyote that comes up on our backyard pad several times each week and naps for several hours. 

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

9. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome...get them dogs...

10. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

hello and welcome to SMF can wait to see your build, and some Q!

11. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview. [​IMG]  Keep on smokin them yotes! 

12. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard!

Too bad you are so far away.  It would be fun to be your "volunteer assistant".  LOL

Good luck and good smoking.

13. daggerdoggie

daggerdoggie Smoke Blower

Welcome from not as far Upstate as you.

14. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

welcome to SMF  have fun and happy smoking.. I am also upstate ny.. [​IMG]

15. Thank you all for the welcome!!!!!! It is nice to see a few fellow Upstate NY's, along with fellow yote hunters. This is a great forum to meet folks and learn a great deal from all of the experience on the board! Thank you again!!!!! Mike

16. ReloadMike78 I love that Pic!!!! Keep up the good work.

17. davidhef88

davidhef88 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome from rochester.  Im gonna take up some coy killin myself, bastards are everywhere.

18. venture

Oh no!  Don't kill the little babies?

You will upset the ecological balance forever!

Don't you know that we now have to "relocate" them like we do prairie dogs and all them other cute little critters like rattlesnakes and such?

19. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Merv dont be hugging no trees now unless there hickory or apple. [​IMG]  Man I can't wait for cooler weather and get after them. Maybe I'll break out the bow this year. 

20. venture

Hey, Meat!

If they see these posts, we could share a prison cell.

You are a great guy, but I don't think either of us would like that.  LOLOL