Hello From TX

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mbassom

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 2, 2020
Austin, TX
Hello!

Just recently got my first smoker, an MES 140s. Been lurking for about 2 months and reading as much as I can here on the forums to learn. Figured it was about time I said hello. Been slowly experimenting with everything and anything I can get my hands on trying to get a feel for smoking and the different options I can do. Been reading these boards several hours a day looking for ideas, recipes, techniques etc.

If anyone has a favorite recipe (especially one that reheats well since I like to bulk cook) I'd love to hear it.

Meg

Welcome from TX also. What part of the state do you call home? As far as recipes go, which genre of protein do you prefer? There are many, many....like thousands of recipes here. you're likely to get more answers than you can digest in a lifetime :emoji_wink: Everybody has their favorite and a lot of them are easy to reheat. Bunches of folks like to over-cook for their meal and put the rest in the freezer for future meals on the fly.

Robert

welcome from Iowa! There are so many ideas and recipes to choose i don't think i could pick one. Brisket and pulled pork do come to mind since it makes plenty and freezes well. Plus leaves you with so many options to use it for later on

Ryan

Welcome to the site glad to have ya join the fun. I like to recommend something that's fun to eat and most folks probably haven't tried before. Like a fatty, pork shots or moink balls. Have fun.

Chris

Welcome from Fort Worth, Tx! Thank you for joining in the forum! Be sure to ask a lot of questions, that is what we are here for!

Reactions: jcam222
Hello from Ohio! Good folks on this board. Just watched a Netflix documentary last night about a bbq place in Texas called Snows. Neat place.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky