Hello from the Eastern Sierra Nevada range

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tomcat43

Original poster
Nov 29, 2016
New to smoking food.

Live at high altitude in Mono county CA.

A friend had a pellet smoker that intrigued me, was looking at them at Costco and took the plunge.

So far everything is working well.

Just need the patience and time to do it properly, the boss of me is starting to learn it just doesn't happen, but takes some time to cook. 

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a nice cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great              people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Was lusting over the pellet smokers at Costco, started researching in my price range and ended up buying a GMG DB, non WiFi.

Starting out and it's been getting down into the thirties in the carport area. So far hadn't bought a thermal cover, one cold day, stayed in the low thirties all day I employed an old surplus wool blanket, I was running the smoker in the low 300° range, kept an eye on the blanket to make sure it didn't flame on.

Worked great at retaining the heat and reduced pellet usage, was sold on thermal blanket at that moment. Finally had one in stock where I bought the grill and installed it.

So far everything has been great, some highs and lows in how stuff comes out, but learning curve and all...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky