Hello from Spring, Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

acwoolery

Original poster
Jul 15, 2016
Spring, Texas
A quick introduction. My name is Alex, currently living in Spring, TX grew up in Cut-N-Shoot, TX. I'm an R&D operator in the oil, water and little bit of everything industry.

My first smoker was delivered 2 weeks ago, a Luling offset. The smoker and I have 1 smoke under our belt, 9lbs. porkbutt, bacon wrapped boneless pork rib's and chicken breast, with that south Texas smoke (mesquite wood). The wife was happy with the taste, I definitely have a lot to learn. 

Welcome from SC, Alex. It's good to have you here on this great site. Looks like you're off to a good start. Ask any questions that you may have. There are a lot of really fine folks here who are always eager to share their ideas, recipes and tips.

Good luck and good smokin', Joe. :grilling_smilie:

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you with us, Alex!

Al

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum fellow Texan, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

ALLRIGHT...another Texas smoker and on the Gulf Coast. I also am in Houston on the north side. You have found the right group of very experienced folks who have provided an apparently endless source of info, advice and encouragement. You will get to know the wizards in the group. The one that cooks in our kinda climate and has a great, long list of recipes and techniques posted is Gary S. Click the down arrow by his name above and Follow Him. That is a good way to follow the posts as you will get a daily email with his posts. I also recommend Following Chef JJ. As you have an offset smoker watch for those that also have offsets. I have and MES so I follow mostly folks with them. Gary S is the exception. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky