Hello from Southern Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokeIron

Original poster
May 25, 2021
Hello fellow smoked meat enthusiasts,

I have been browsing this forum for a while and figured it was time to sign up since this forum really seems to cover a wide variety of my interests.
My wife and kids got me an Old Country Pecos a few years ago for Father's Day and have really enjoyed tinkering around with it. I also use an old Webber Kettle that was my grand father's for grilling and lighter duty smoking. I've also recently gotten into fermenting peppers I grow in our garden.
I really look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Thanks,
SmokeIron

IMG_1255.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from another Hoosier!
Don't lose that old Weber! I'm still using the one Dad gave me in '97.....

It's still going strong. I believe the 2 letter code on the lid damper puts it in '93. I'm missing the ash pan and added a thermometer, but everything else is still original.

Welcome from South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country. How about a few pics of what's inside of the chamber? With a nice fire like you have, I know there has too be something very good inside. 🍻
John

I think that picture was taken back in the summer of 2018. I was bringing the smoker up to temp early for my first brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky