• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello from Southern Indiana

SmokeIron

Joined May 25, 2021
Hello fellow smoked meat enthusiasts,

I have been browsing this forum for a while and figured it was time to sign up since this forum really seems to cover a wide variety of my interests.
My wife and kids got me an Old Country Pecos a few years ago for Father's Day and have really enjoyed tinkering around with it. I also use an old Webber Kettle that was my grand father's for grilling and lighter duty smoking. I've also recently gotten into fermenting peppers I grow in our garden.
I really look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Thanks,
SmokeIron

IMG_1255.jpg

Last edited:

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 14, 2016
Welcome to SMF from central God's country - aka - central Missouri!

Nice looking offset smoker too!

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Welcome from another Hoosier!
Don't lose that old Weber! I'm still using the one Dad gave me in '97.....

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Welcome from Nova Scotia
This is a give and take kind of place, ...... help and knowledge that is

David

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Welcome from South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country. How about a few pics of what's inside of the chamber? With a nice fire like you have, I know there has too be something very good inside. 🍻
John

SmokeIron

Joined May 25, 2021
Welcome from another Hoosier!
Don't lose that old Weber! I'm still using the one Dad gave me in '97.....
It's still going strong. I believe the 2 letter code on the lid damper puts it in '93. I'm missing the ash pan and added a thermometer, but everything else is still original.

SmokeIron

Joined May 25, 2021
Welcome from South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country. How about a few pics of what's inside of the chamber? With a nice fire like you have, I know there has too be something very good inside. 🍻
John
I think that picture was taken back in the summer of 2018. I was bringing the smoker up to temp early for my first brisket.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!
Glad you decided to join us!
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.