Hello from Smithfield Kentucky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kentuckychucky

Original poster
Nov 30, 2016
Hi, I found this forum while searching for new recipes for smokin some white tale.

I use a BPS Electric Smoker, have had it for 4 years. I like to keep it simple, i give the meat a good rub, salt, pepper and a few other things from grannies book. Then let it set for a day or two, then, I prefer to use seasoned hickory chunks with some sassafras mixed in. I think i personelly get a great smokey flavor when i keep the smoker at 190 to 200 mark. When the meats hits 125 or 130 mark it just dont seam to take on as much flavor. So i try to slow down the time it takes to hit 130. After that I bring the temp to 225. I like my smoked venison a bit dryer than most meats I smoke, just seams more natural.

I took more of a traditional butchers approach to cleaning our deer this year. I made bone in chops and also left the bone in the steaks.

I have only tried the bone in chops, dusted them with salt and pepper then through them on the grill with high heat, spooned some butter on them while they were cookin, lifted them at medium rare and let them rest for 10 min or less and that brough it to a mediumish finish. That may have been the best piece or meat i have ever had.

One last note, i like to take the ribs and cut them up individually, carve the meat down to the very end of each one, then roll it up with a small piece of bacon and toothpick it in a ball at the end of the rib then smoke up for 1 hr, pull them out dust um with brown sugar and deep fry them for one minute just to give them a ligt crust...hey thats what dreams are made of JACK...lol

Look forward to sharing some secrets and learning a few too.

KC

Welcome to SMF!

Those ribs sound delicious!

Sure would like to see some photo's of them in the smoker!

Al

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cool crisp day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great              people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky