• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello from Queens

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

toolbox875

Nov 19, 2013
Long time lurker and just recently joined. Hoping I could learn more about smoking meats. It is a growing hobby of mine since my wife bought me a WSM 3 years ago. I absolutely love to see the faces of guests when they chow down on a perfectly smoked brisket or pork butt. It is not work if you truly enjoy it.

A quick question for all the veterans in this forum. I just happened upon an bone in brisket. This thing weight 27lbs untrimmed. Anyone have any suggestions to smoke this thing?
Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
A Texas Welcome Toolbox  We are happy you are here!  A bone in Brisket... Never seen one of those down here. But I'll bet someone on the forum has smoked one.

Queens is a great place. I'll be at my home office on Northern Blvd this week. b

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Can't help you with the brisket either.

Al

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
Interesting cut. If it were me I'd treat it just like any brisket.  Please post your smoke in the Beef area.  Lots of folks will be fascinated with that unusual cut. 

Good luck!  I'll be watching for sure!

B

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky