HELLO from Owensboro KY/Rockport IN

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 5, 2017
Owensboro, Kentucky
Hey everybody,

I’m Chase, 27 years old, and have a great wife and 3 little boys. I’m still pretty new to this site, finally getting around to roll call.

I grew up in Owensboro KY, home of the International BBQ Festival, and ive been around great smokey BBQ all my life. In Owensboro we’re pretty well known for our mutton and burgoo soup, but we will smoke anything good. I live across the river now in Rockport IN, but I can’t get enough of the Owensboro style Q. Ive been smoking for going on 2 years now, and it’s become my favorite hobby. It’s fun and relaxing to do, I love all the different possibilities of meats, woods, and flavors to play around with, and at the end you get something delicious to eat. Plus there is a huge community of other people who are just as crazy about the Q. This forum site has been awesome. I can already tell there are a lot of great people here for helping out newbies like me.

I’ve been cutting my teeth with a COS that I have already done some mods to thanks to all the help and pointers I have found on this site. The best mod so far has been making a reverse flow plate/ heat shield. It has already made my fire management so much better. I still have more to do, but it’s been fun and some really good eating along the way. I can’t wait to keep going and learning as much as I can about smoking delicious Q.

I’m glad to be a part of this site. Thanks in advance for all the help and pointers. I hope someday I can return the favor.

-Chase Logsdon

Thanks for all the welcoming comments. I’m glad to be a part of the group. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and all the good cooks to come. Feel free to send messages, comments or any tips. I’m always open to suggestions. I like hearing other people’s stories too. Thanks again.

@ SmokinLogs SmokinLogs

Not sure if you're still checking this old post, but I can't help but holler. I grew up in Hatfield Indiana, spitting distance from Rockport. I love Kentucky Burgoo!

Welcome my friend. I'm in Georgetown, kentucky. I just received my first offset stick burning a couple weeks ago and I'm living it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky