Hello from Omaha

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mrdrh99

Original poster
Nov 5, 2017
Omaha
Hey guys, I'm a newb from Omaha. Been smoking on a Weber kettle for a couple years with good results, mainly using the snake method. Nice pork chops and lions, smaller pork butts and some chicken leg quarters. A good friend had purchased a cheap offset from depot and wasn't using it. So I got it for $50. I've modded it a little so that it leaks a lot less and holds temp better. I will eventually upgrade big time, but I'm satisfied with my results so far! Lots of help from you guys and I hope to be able to contribute soon!

Lol... Omaha steaks are a bit over rated! I've gotten much better cuts at the local stores! I keep the beef on the Weber, but love having two excellent options of cooking!

Lol... Omaha steaks are a bit over rated! I've gotten much better cuts at the local stores! I keep the beef on the Weber, but love having two excellent options of cooking!
I meant the beef there in general.I have never bought from the company though I've eaten their meats as gifts etc.
Best beef I ever had was in Guerrero,Mexico.They would take T bones,butterfly them almost to the bone and tent them up with the bone on top in a built in place terra cotta oven/grill/smoker thing -Think R2D2 with an 8" hole on top of his head and a steel plate door on his side.

Lol, that seems like a lot of work! But very interesting! Omaha steaks aren't back, but the name they carry you'd think they were the best thing in the world. My favorite thing from them is actually country fried steak and gravy:D

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a cool, cloudy November day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky