Hello from Nashville!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

basschk

Original poster
Oct 16, 2015
Nashville, TN
Hey guys! I live in Nashville, TN, and am relatively new to smoking.  Last year I decided to smoke some jalapeno peppers to make home-grown chipotles in adobo sauce. It was such a hit, I planted more peppers this year.  I have been working on refining my smoking process and have been digging through resources online for a few months trying to decide on an electric smoker. However, after reading reviews on different models, evaluating costs and seeing what all the DIYers are doing, I decided to build my own. I'm still looking for the perfect cabinet, but have temporarily modified my CharBroil propane grill to handle this year's crop of peppers. Thanks to those of you who have posted details about your PID temp controller builds. You guys ROCK!  After 35# of jalapenos and still smoking, it's amazing! I love being able to set the temp and not worry about it powering the 1100 watt electric element. I have a Smokai Smoke Generator that keeps the smoke rolling for hours. So... thanks for getting me on the right track!!

Welcome to SMF basschk!  Glad you're here and bringing all that DIY creativity with you.  Fantastic setup you have there.  Nice pic.  You'll fit in perfectly around here.

BTW, once upon a time I spent 4 great years in Nashville getting a degree at a little university on West End Ave compliments of the Navy.  Actually had well above average football and basketball teams when I was there.   

Have fun

Ray

Thanks, Ray! Yes,  Nashville is a great town. I'm not a native but have been here most of my adult life. I liked it so well, most of my family has now moved here from Louisiana. 

Looking forward to checking out all the great resources on SMF.

Thanks, Ray! Yes,  Nashville is a great town. I'm not a native but have been here most of my adult life. I liked it so well, most of my family has now moved here from Louisiana. 

Looking forward to checking out all the great resources on SMF.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky