Hello from Louisiana....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawgbranch

Original poster
Feb 14, 2014
Shreveport, LA
Greetings all.

I just purchased my first vertical gas smoker. About 600cu inches.

Can't wait to dive in to all the links, hints and recipes.

Cheers!!

[h3]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h3][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Howdy from Baton Rouge! You must be out in L.P. I used to fish around hog branch?

Welcome To the boards!

When ya get a chance, click on the "My Profile" icon on the above toolbar and give some info on your self, as much or as little as you can stand. Especially where you hang your hat at night. Its helps in discussions and answering question to know what your central location is. Ya gotta watch those Yankee's they'll sneak in on yas.....LOL

Pleasure to meet ya!

eman, I sure was. We moved to Shreveport about 2.5 years ago from the Holden area. Hog Branch runs right behind my property there.

Well, the new smoker has been officially broken in.

Smoked 2 chickens and an Elk Backstrap with Applewood yesterday.

The chickens were about 5.5lbs each and the backstrap was 2.2lbs.

The chickens took a bit longer than I had planned but the Elk was excellent.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky