Hello from Idaho

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ewingerson

Original poster
Aug 20, 2023
Like to smoke meat and cheeses. Have a Pit Boss 850. I started smoking with a Big Chief decades ago. Still use to smoke cheeses, burger, steaks. It is a good little smoker, easy, safe, quick. Pit Boss is good. A bit hard to adjust temp, and hope to get the firmware upgrade I see on forums. Like to do ribs, pork butt/shoulder, brisket. I am a traveling physician, and help people take care of thier guts. I like to keep the place up, a little gardening, music, researching interests. Near retirement but can not pull the ripcord since not sure how to define myself after I do. Son who helped me make a jump to a pellet smoker. I also have a Genesis Weber my best friend gave me for a how warming gift, just got the rotisserie up to speed, need to get a chicken. Have a green egg knock off also from my best friend. He is the best. My new wife taught me a lot of people like very well done meats. Something about blood and red and pink meats. So am still learning. I want to get into gold prospecting, but have not made the jump yet. Thanks for your forum. E

Reactions: JLeonard
Greeting and welcome to the forum from New Mexico.
Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy, even when you retire.

Greeting and welcome to the forum from New Mexico.
Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy, even when you retire.
Thanks for the welcome. Nice vet. I always wanted one, the robin egg blue, but have not found the name of the color even with a search. But have not tried Bart AI, now that I think of it.

I am wondering if any one has heard of a firmware for the Pitboss 850 series? I saw one mention, but there were spotty responses about getting PB to do for other owners.

Thanks again New Mexico.

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky