Hello From Cleveland (Rookie Smoker)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vosserr

Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
Originally born in San Antonio, lived in Memphis for a bit, and now living in Cleveland. Just graduated college about a year ago and have been spending my free time doing a lot of cooking. Growing up, I was surrounded by great BBQ, but a lot of that has changed since living in Cleveland. There are a few good places around town, but I think it's time to give it a try myself.

With that being said, I'm taking my first steps and buying my first smoker. Been doing a little research and it seems that the WSM 18.5 is going to be the go-to choice for someone who is learning. I have no experience with smoking meats, but I love cooking and could use just about all the advice I can get. As a true rookie smoker, I am really here to build a foundation and enjoy great BBQ.

Welcome, you will not regret joining this forum. These folks are a wealth of knowledge and will help ya out. Can't begin to tell ya all I have learned here. WHB

By the way have a 18.5 WSM that I started out on and ya will really like it. Vents are good for temp control and really user friendly. Still use er now and probably will for long time. If I can ever help ya just drop me a line. I say get it and start :grilling_smilie: :sausage: WHB

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the forums! We are happy that you joined the group. You'll find plenty of information here with over 1 million posts! Make the search bar at the top of the page your new friend. Or, simply post your question in the area that applies. You'll get plenty of helpful advice. Also consider enrolling in Jeff's 5 day E course. It gives you lots of great information to start you off on the right foot! Best of all is that it's free! Again, WELCOME Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky