Hello from Chicago, Il.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerican

Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Chicago, Il.
Good evening,

I've been lurking for a few months now and decided to drop in and say hello. I've been smoking every weekend for about 2 months now and I'm hooked. I even got my old man hooked. I've learned a whole bunch from reading your guys posts here daily. Trust me if I'm not smoking, I'm either thinking about it or reading about it. Hope to soon pitch in and help others out here as well.

Welcome from another Illinoisian and a former Pilsen resident (Made my way back to the NW burbs). Ask here, and ye shall be schooled in the ways of the TBS... also, beer is great.

Good to have another Chi-Town member.

Now if your a Sox fan, the world will all be good today!

Welcome!!

(What part of ChicagoLand, roughly?)

welcome smokerican,

sounds like you have bitten by the bbq bug.
icon_smile.gif

Polishmeat and Wilkat,

Im in the Humboldt Park/ Bucktown area about two blocks west of North Ave. and Western Ave. I'm a Cubs fan but I have to give it you Sox fans. Your game yesterday was awesome.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Welcome, nice to see some more Chi Town folks here. I live on the north side of the city, but I'm a southsider, if ya know what I mean.
biggrin.gif

Shoot, I forgot to add mine upthread when I asked.

I was at 59th/Kedzie for 25 years on the South Side, now out Naperville/Aurora area.

I still live on the South Side, just due West 40 miles
icon_smile.gif

Any chance you can share a good home recipe/technique for a Jibarito!!??!

Again, Welcome!

Glad to see you've come out of the lurch and into the smoke, welcome to the SMF. You're in for a great summer. It's all good my friend.

I'm glad you have come out of the shadows and joined in. Now that you say your hooked where are the pics you know the Qview. it is a requirment if your hooked you have this uncontrolled feeling to take pictures of your food. So garab up the camera and get to snapping. happy to have you and your dad in the smokin family.

Jibaritos eh? I love those too, but thats a whole different forum. LOL! Next time I make them I'll write down the entire process with pics. I do them on the fly so I might miss something just typing it up here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky