Hello from CA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mapleleafsmoker

Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Valencia, CA
Great looking site and already very helpful. I am a rookie. Have been smoking on my gas grill for the last year and have turned out enough edible stuff that my wife said to go ahead and get a smoker 
icon14.gif
. I am starting off small and getting a Brinkmann split door (minimal investment). I have already learned a lot about the mods I will need to make by looking through here. Am anxious to get it, put it together, season it, and get going. I know my in-laws are already drooling.

This is a great site - happy to be part of the community and will do my best to add information ( and Q views)!

Brian

I should have added that I am based in Valencia, California. 44 y.o. Avid Maple Leafs fan. 

Have been using Gates seasoning and adding some stuff (garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, kosher salt) and it has been turning out well.

Welcome to SMF MLS and were glad to have you aboard so join in, share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite………

The Qveiw

welcome1.gif

Happy smoking

Joe

Brian
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

Welcome to the forums fellow Californian.  You've come to the right spot for BBQ knowledge and opinions.  Couple things to keep in the back of your head...

1. Search bar is your friend

2. Q-View (I need to do a better job at)

3. Consider changing  teams....maybe to the Red Wings.  jk 
biggrin.gif

Take it easy.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hello Brian,

welcome1.gif
 to the SMF, the best BBQ site on the web.  Whatever you need to know about the fine art of BBQ you can find it right here, from recipes to technical knowledge.

One thing you need to know about us is that we like to see pictures of your creations and your gear.  We call it Q-View and its basically the 
Rules.gif
!!!

So, don't just talk about your food, show it!  Otherwise you may get a gentle reminder, like this...

worthless.gif
  or this...
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Good Luck and Get Smokin'

Bill

Hi Brian and welcome to the forums!  You've found the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks here who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Let everybody know when you are up and running.

Gary

For posting qview, click on "my profile", upload your
Photos into an album, them when you create a post or thread just add photos from your album.

If you haven't figured it out yet, otherwise, disregard.

Good luck

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky