Hello, Fellow Smokers! Sean here, from Eastern Long Island, New York.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seaneboy

Original poster
Dec 17, 2013
Hey guys! I've been a longtime lurker, but this is my first time buckin' up and making an account for myself.

I love to grill, and smoke meats.. Unfortunately I grill a lot more than I smoke.  BUT! Recently I discovered that one of the best times for me to smoke stuff is AT WORK!  I can bring everything in, set it up in the morning..Tend to the meat throughout the day (if necessary). Then, as much as 8-10 hours later, I can take the meat off and head home... It's actually my favorite place to smoke, because then I am preoccupied while the whole process is going down, and I don't sit there staring at it/smelling it, and getting impatient.

Having said that, my knowledge is just budding, and I have my cousin down in Houston to thank for that... He put my sister on to the Brinkmann Electric Smoker that she gave me for my birthday last year.  He also is filling me in on his tips of the trade...  In addition to the Brinkmann, I also have a Weber S-650 that is the love of my life.  It's a natural gas version that I picked up for next to nothing - that worked out well in the last house I lived at (we were on the gas line).  But, now the S650 is on ice, pending either a propane conversion, or who knows what. 

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in, say hello.. And, throw out a preemptive thanks to all that might answer the many, many questions I am definitely going to have!  ;c)

Welcome from Sennett, NY (near Syracuse). 

If you've got a ShopRite nearby they have choice rib roasts and grass fed beef ribeyes on sale at $4.99 through the 24th....

Lance

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hey guys! Thanks for the info LanceR - unfortunately my only choices out here are a Stop n Shop, Waldbaums, King Kullen, and there's a BJ's off in the distance which I hear is the place to be...

Gary! I love Texas! I have family down there.. They took me hog hunting, man is that fun! Wish I could do it every weekend.. I'm definitely a Texan at heart.. BBQ, trucks, hunting, and beers by the bonefire... That's my kind of life... ;c)

Welcome aboard Sean!  You've found a great place for information, so just ask if you can't find the info you need...someone will surely have the answer.  

I sure wish my boss would be understanding enough to let me smoke at work!  
biggrin.gif

Red

Hahah, Red... I AM THE BOSS!  ;c)  So, it takes very little effort to persuade myself...As for you, well, maybe you can barter a piece of the action for the privilege..

Sean, BJ's is indeed a good place to shop.  A few weeks ago they had St Louis cut ribs for $1.69 and they had whole boneless pork loins for $1.49 a while back, too.  Yesterday they had whole strips for $4.99.  All the beef they sell is Choice grade....

At Thanksgiving they had fresh, no slime added turkeys for $1.09.

Have a great Christmas.

Lance

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky