• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello and Pics of my first smoke

shoten2003

Joined Mar 4, 2011
Hello, sorry my first post was a couple of weeks backs. Had just bought a smoker and couldn't get the heat above 150. My name is Derrick and I currently live in Belgium with the Army. I have always loved BBQ, but never had the time to try seriously until now.

Well, took the first smoker back due to the temp problems and got a Char-Broil Silver Smoker. Just finished smoking a 8lb brisket and a couple of chickens at the same time. Used pecan wood chips for the smoke and both taste absolutly delicious. Ate half of a chicken and a couple of slices of the brisket to try as it was my first time. Pics attached.

Thanks to all who tried to help me with the first smoker, but I came to realize that there was design flaws that kept the smoker from obtaining a good temp. I read alot of the posts (too many to count) before trying this today. Thanks to all who helped others as those posts were a significant help to me also.

A pic of the chickens:

Three of the brisket:

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Nice job on those birds and brisket. Looks like you got your smoker problems behind you now

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great job with the birds & brisket Derrick! I bet they were tasty.

fife

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 14, 2011
hello and great job this is a great site. Lots of good information I to am new and am new to smoking. Enjoy

callahan4life

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 20, 2011
 I think you have whipped the smoker! Those chickens and brisket look fantastic! Great smoke ring! Thanks for sharing and a  BIG THANKS

for serving our great country!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking great!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.