Helicopter chicken!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pinwheel corn. Great idea Case.

I was wondering about it cooking evenly, especially behind the corn, but it sure looks like it came out real good. And only 35 mins--that's amazing.

Gary

Gary, both the corn and the chicken were right over the heat. The photos may be deceiving.

The chicken was spot on. Cooked perfectly. I pulled when the thighs were at 165, the breasts were at 170.

My wife looked at the breast meat and asked " Are you sure this is done?"

It wasn't pink, just so moist she couldn't believe is was "done".

Keep in mind my FIL over cooks every protein.

Yep all good!

Pinwheel corn...Ha!

Seasoning?   That's what I put on my popcorn. :biggrin:

My dishwasher just sh** the bed today.  Maybe my next one will work better!   lol    https://octoforks.com/cleaning-tips/

When I loaded the corn on the fork I thought, that looks like a pinwheel! Therefore it is now pinwheel corn! No seasoning, just the Smokey goodness of the pit and the husk. Eat it right off the spit, no seasoning or butter.

That looks great, and if you had told me that you were going to do a spatchcocked bird on the roti, I would have laughed!

Looks like it worked out really well.  The corn is a great idea as well.

That looks great, and if you had told me that you were going to do a spatchcocked bird on the roti, I would have laughed!

Looks like it worked out really well.  The corn is a great idea as well.
Thanks you CB! That Chicken Dust is tasty!

How about dueling spatched birds? That may be up next time I need to feed more than 4! Never thought I'd be able to cook two spatched birds on the mini! Yes it can be done with two grates in the mini, but then you have to rotate the birds to get an even cook. With this set up all you have to do is skewer the two birds and let them spin!

Thanks you CB! That Chicken Dust is tasty!

How about dueling spatched birds? That may be up next time I need to feed more than 4! Never thought I'd be able to cook two spatched birds on the mini! Yes it can be done with two grates in the mini, but then you have to rotate the birds to get an even cook. With this set up all you have to do is skewer the two birds and let them spin!
Yep, the seasoning is amazing on most anything, but on chicken it's killer stuff.

I need to get done working on the farm each weekend so I can get a bigger rotisserie base built.  Hmm, my look for materials while at the farm this weekend!  Then order Octos on Monday!  Yeah, that'll work!

Yep, the seasoning is amazing on most anything, but on chicken it's killer stuff.

I need to get done working on the farm each weekend so I can get a bigger rotisserie base built.  Hmm, my look for materials while at the farm this weekend!  Then order Octos on Monday!  Yeah, that'll work!

I'd order them today and then it will give you better motivation to get that root base built!

I'm
Going to have to break out the 18" WSM next I guess and root some ribs or something. Maybe a 25 pound top round. Wait I'd need more people for that!

After seeing this I'm going try to spin a couple of spatches on a pair of OctoForks ....definitely saves space too!  

Last edited:
That's what I did right? The other side was just for the corn. I want to do two spatched birds!

Case that skin looks nice and crispy,my Octoforks look brand new still in the box.

Richie

icon14.gif

Very nicely done DS!
Both chicken and corn looks delicious... Point!

Y'all are really making it hard on me, toy envy... I want new toys, a rotisserie and a SV machine.

Thank you Chile!

If I had to pick only one new toy and it was between rotisserie and Sous Vide, I'd pick rotisserie every time.

That's worth a point for sure!  Looks great. I have the weber rotisserie attachment for my grill but don't love the room and how close it is to the flame.  Seeing your build gives me all sorts of ideas, even if it were with something like an ECB!

Thanks Richie! Mine sat in the box for longer than they should! They aren't shiny anymore!
This is what I use to shine them up like new. I just take them apart and run a few cycles when the water gets hot with a dishwasher tablet.   It's not the highest quality machine but it sure works well. https://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-63256.html
That's what I did right? The other side was just for the corn. I want to do two spatched birds!
Yep and that's what I want to try. I got these silicone cooking bands so they should be good for holding the legs together. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky